2.2" 18-bit color TFT LCD display with microSD card breakout
PRODUCT ID: 797
Description-This TFT was discontinued! We have another 2.2" TFT in the shop, so check that out if you need a 2.2" display for your project. Please note it does not use the same wiring or controller so it is not a drop-in replacement for this TFT.
This lovely little display breakout is the best way to add a small, colorful and bright display to any project. Since the display uses 3-wire SPI to communicate and has its own pixel-addressable frame buffer, it can be used with every kind of microcontroller. Even a very small one with low memory and few pins available!
The 2.2" display has 220x176 color pixels. Unlike the low cost "Nokia 6110" and similar LCD displays, which are CSTN type and thus have poor color and slow refresh, this display is a true TFT! The TFT driver (HX8340BN) can display full 18-bit color (262,144 shades!). And the LCD will always come with the same driver chip so there's no worries that your code will not work from one to the other.
The breakout has the TFT display soldered on (it uses a delicate flex-circuit connector) as well as a ultra-low-dropout 3.3V regulator and a 3/5V level shifter so you can use it with 3.3V or 5V power and logic. We also had a little space so we placed a microSD card holder so you can easily load full color bitmaps from a FAT16/FAT32 formatted microSD card. The microSD card is not included, but you can pick one up here.
Of course, we wouldn't just leave you with a datasheet and a "good luck!" - we've written a full open source graphics library that can draw pixels, lines, rectangles, circles, text and bitmaps as well as example code and a wiring tutorial. The code is written for Arduino but can be easily ported to your favorite microcontroller!
- 2.2" diagonal LCD TFT display
- 220x176 resolution, 18-bit (262,144) color
- HX8340B(N) (datasheet) controller with built in pixel-addressable video RAM buffer
- 3 wire SPI digital interface - this display talks in '9-bit' SPI not 8-bit check the Arduino library source for how to communicate
- Built-in microSD slot - uses 2 more digital lines
- 5V compatible! Use with 3.3V or 5V logic
- Onboard 3.3V @ 150mA LDO regulator
- 3 white LED backlight, transistor connected so you can PWM dim the backlight
- 1x10 header for easy breadboarding
- 4 x 0.1"/2.5mm mounting holes in corners
- Overall dimensions: 1.7" x 2.7" x 0.25" (43mm x 68mm x 6.5mm)
MAY WE ALSO SUGGEST...
MAY WE ALSO SUGGEST...-
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.