4GB SD Card for Raspberry Pi preinstalled with RaspBMC (XBMC)
Raspbmc is a minimal Linux distribution based on Debian that brings XBMC to your Raspberry Pi. This device has an excellent form factor and enough power to handle media playback, making it an ideal component in a low HTPC setup, yet delivering the same XBMC experience that can be enjoyed on much more costly platforms. Raspbmc is brought to you by the developer of the Crystalbuntu Linux Distribution, which brings XBMC and 1080p decoding to the 1st generation Apple TV.
This is a 4GB microSDHC card (SDC44GB) that comes with a SD adapter and is pre-programmed to contain the latest RaspBMC Network Install distribution image.
These microSDHC cards use the new speed "class" rating of Class 4 that guarantee a minimum Data transfer rate of 4MB/sec. We may ship a Sandisk or Kingston card, both are high quality and come with the same speed class rating.
Adafruit tests and verifies each card before shipment. This image can be downloaded directly from the RaspBMC Website Downloads Page.
Here’s why you might like Raspbmc:
- Free and open source.
- Supports both wired and WiFi out of the box!
- Multiple languages supported
- No knowledge of Linux is needed. If you want to use the Raspberry Pi as an XBMC frontend you can do exactly that with no knowledge of how anything works.
- It can be installed with a few simple clicks from a Mac or a PC running Windows or Linux.
- It’s auto updating, meaning you constantly get new features, performance and driver updates. You can however turn updates off at any time.
- It supports 1080p playback.
- Share your content from your PC over NFS, SMB, FTP and HTTP and a USB drive in almost any format.
- AirPlay and AirTunes support allow you to send music and video from your iDevice to the TV.
- Full GPIO support!
- Nanny Cam support using Raspberry Pi Camera
- Ambilight support
- As it is a Debian system, it is completely expansive and you can install any packages from Debian’s massive repository!
- ...and much more!
Raspbmc is created and maintained by Sam Nazarko, a 19 year old student from London.
4GB SD Card for Raspberry Pi preinstalled with RaspBMC (XBMC) (8:34)
Here’s some more ‘advanced’ features:
- 1080p DTS decoding in software.
- Can be installed to SD card, USB drive, or run off an NFS share.
- Wake on LAN support for remote systems
- Has the following services embedded:
- Samba server
- TVHeadend server
- FTP server
- SSH server
- sabNZBD server
- Secure out of the box – iptables restricts network to LAN only by default.
MAY WE ALSO SUGGEST...
MAY WE ALSO SUGGEST...-
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.