Pimoroni NVMe Base for Raspberry Pi 5 - PIM699
Product Images and Video
Pimoroni's NVMe Base brings high-speed storage to Raspberry Pi 5, and lets you use that cool new PCIe connector. This is an extension board for Raspberry Pi 5: simply plug in an M-key NVMe SSD (2230 to 2280 sizes supported) and mount it under your Pi for a compact and fast storage solution - It even comes with rubber feet!
Upgrading to an NVMe disk (instead of using a microSD card) improves peak disk performance by ten times allowing for transfer speeds up to 800MB/s compared to the relatively weedy 80MB/s limit of microSD cards.
The kit includes:
- NVMe Base PCB with M.2 Slot (M-Key)
- 'PCIe Pipe' Flat Flex Cable
- 4 x rubber feet
- M2 bolt and 2x nuts for SSD mounting
- 4 x 7mm M2.5 standoffs for base mounting
- 8 x short M2.5 bolts for base mounting
- 4 x long M2.5 bolts for 'pass-thru' mounting with a HAT
Raspberry Pi 5 is not included. Does not work with Pi 4 or earlier.