FeatherS3 ESP32-S3 with u.FL by Unexpected Maker
Product Images and Video
Introducing the FeatherS3 - The pro ESP32-S3 Development Board in the Feather Format now with a u.FL connector instead of an onboard antenna, for the times when you want to connect an external antenna for longer radio range, or for putting your S3 boards inside a case/enclosure.
The FeatherS3 ships with the latest version of CircuitPython with ESP32-S3 support.
It also ships with the UF2 bootloader, so you can easily update your FeatherS3 with the latest CircuitPython firmware, whenever you desire. Just plug your FeatherS3 into your computer and it will appear in your filesystem as a USB flash drive! Just copy your code over, or edit your code directly on the drive. Coding a microcontroller has never been easier!
As newer versions of CircuitPython are released, you are able to update as you require from circuitpython.org If you need to grab the shipping CircuitPython code that comes with the FeatherS3, you can grab the latest here.
You can also use Arduino 2.0.3 or later, which has added S3 support. There is also ESP-IDF and an early MicroPython port available as well. Visit the TinyS3 product page for more details.
Features & Specifications
- 32Bit Dual Core 240MHz
- RISC-V ultra low power core
- 2.4GHz Wifi - 802.11b/g/n
- Bluetooth 5, BLE + Mesh
- 16MB QSPI Flash
- 8MB Extra QSPI PSRAM
- USB-C Connector
- Reverse USB back-feed protection
- 2x 700mA 3.3V LDO Regulator
- Ultra low deep sleep current
- 2x STEMMA connectors
- Low Power RGB LED
- VBAT voltage check and 5V presence detection
- LiPo Battery Charging
- Power (red), Charge (orange) LEDs
- 21x GPIO broken out
- USB Serial JTAG
- 3D High Gain Antenna
- Compatible with FeatherWings
- If you are looking for technical support for an Unexpected Maker product, you can either use this form or join the discord server and post in the #um-hardware support channel, where you can get more real-time help from UM or other people on the server.
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.