TinyS3 ESP32-S3 with u.FL by Unexpected Maker
Product Images and Video
Introducing the TinyS3 - The Tiny Mighty ESP32-S3 development board in the TinyPICO format! Now with a u.FL connector instead of an onboard antenna, for the times when you want to connect an external antenna for longer radio range, or for putting your S3 boards inside a case/enclosure.
TinyS3 is the latest in Unexpected Maker's super popular range of "Tiny" development boards. It's packed with amazing features and peripherals, wireless connectivity, and stacks of Flash and PSRAM, all in the same tiny package size as the original TinyPICO!
The TinyS3 ships with the latest version of CircuitPython with ESP32-S3 support. It also ships with the UF2 bootloader, so you can easily update your TinyS3 with the latest CircuitPython firmware, whenever you desire. Just plug your TinyS3 into your computer, and it will appear in your filesystem as a USB flash drive! Just copy your code over, or edit your code directly on the drive. Coding a microcontroller has never been easier!
As newer versions of CircuitPython are released, you can update as you need from circuitpython.org If you need to grab the shipping CircuitPython code that comes with the TinyS3, you can grab the latest here
You can also use Arduino 2.0.3 or later, which has added S3 support. There is also ESP-IDF and an early MicroPython port available as well. Visit the TinyS3 product page for more details.
Features & Specifications
- 32Bit Dual Core 240MHz
- RISC-V ultra low power core
- 2.4GHz WiFi - 802.11b/g/n
- Bluetooth 5, BLE + Mesh
- 8MB QSPI Flash
- 8MB Extra QSPI PSRAM
- USB-C Connector
- Reverse USB back-feed protection
- 700mA 3.3V LDO Regulator
- Ultra-low deep sleep current
- Low Power RGB LED
- VBAT voltage check and 5V presence detection
- LiPo Battery Charging
- JST pads on the back support PH connector
- Power (red), Charge (orange) LEDs
- 17x GPIO broken out
- USB Serial JTAG
- 3D High Gain u.FL connector
- Compatible with TinyPICO & TinyS2
- If you are looking for technical support for an Unexpected Maker product, you can either use this form or join the discord server and post in the #um-hardware support channel, where you can get more real-time help from UM or other people on the server.