Pimoroni Pico VGA Demo Base - RP2040 VGA Multimedia Board - PIM553
Product Images and Video
Built especially to showcase the low-cost, feature-rich RP2040 chip on the Raspberry Pi Pico, this board has VGA output, an SD card slot, digital I2S audio output, and more!
Based on the reference design by Raspberry Pi, our Pimoroni Pico VGA Demo Base is a great way to start experimenting with Raspberry Pi Pico/RP2040. It's the perfect way to demo some of the fun things you can achieve with the RP2040 microcontroller such as generating a solid VGA output without taxing the CPU at all!
- Amaze your friends by showing them you still own a D-sub cable!
- Bask in the glory of 15-bit analog video!
- Get teary-eyed over the warm, authentic, RC-filtered PWM audio!
This board will run the various video example programs that Raspberry Pi has put together to demonstrate features of the RP2040.
Please note that VGA Demo Base only currently works with the C/C++ Pico SDK!
A Raspberry Pi Pico is not included - click here if you'd like to buy one!
Your Pico will need to have male headers soldered to it (with the pins pointing downwards) to attach to our add-on boards.
- 15-pin VGA (D-sub) connector
- PCM5100A DAC for line out audio over I2S (datasheet)
- PWM audio output
- SD card slot
- Reset button
- Female headers to install your Raspberry Pi Pico
- Three user-controllable switches
- Rubber feet
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi Pico
- No soldering required (as long as your Pico has header pins attached)
- Programmable with C/C++