Pimoroni Pico DV Demo Base - RP2040 DVI Multimedia Board - PIM588
Product Images and Video
Intrigued by the possibilities of VGA Demo Base but no longer own a D-sub cable? No problem! This board is an all-digital conversion of Raspberry Pi's VGA reference design, great if you want to start hacking on video and/or audio output from a Raspberry Pi Pico and piping it straight into a modern monitor.
The folks at Pimoroni been using this board with Wren6991's nifty PicoDVI library, which you can use to output a bitbanged digital video signal from an overclocked RP2040. To demonstrate the additional functions of this board, they've put together an AV player example that lets you read video files from the SD card and output video and audio simultaneously.
Please note that DV Demo Base is an experimental dev board for intrepid AV haxxors, which relies on third party software that we neither fully understand or maintain. You may need prior experience with Pico projects and C++ to do anything useful with it.
Raspberry Pi Pico is not included. Your Pico will need to have pin headers soldered to it (with the pins pointing downwards) to attach to our add-on boards.
- HDMI connector
- PCM5100A DAC for line out audio over I2S (datasheet)
- SD card slot
- Reset button
- Socket headers to install your Raspberry Pi Pico
- Three user-controllable switches
- Rubber feet
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi Pico
- No soldering required (as long as your Pico has header pins attached)
- Programmable with C/C++
- For product support, replacement parts, and warranty for Pimoroni products visit the Pimoroni forum or contact Pimoroni directly.