Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 NoIR - 12MP 75 Degree Infrared Lens
Product Images and Video
Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 is a compact camera from Raspberry Pi. It offers an IMX708 12-megapixel sensor with HDR and features phase detection autofocus. Camera Module 3 is available in standard and wide-angle variants, both of which are available with or without an infrared cut filter.
Camera Module 3 NoIR is perfect for "night vision" and infrared photography, taking pictures in low light (twilight) environments. No additional lens is required to use this camera, it is ready-to-go as-is!
Camera Module 3 can be used to take full HD video as well as still photographs and features an HDR mode up to 3 megapixels. Its operation is fully supported by the libcamera library, including Camera Module 3’s rapid autofocus feature: this makes it easy for beginners to use, while offering plenty for advanced users. Camera Module 3 is compatible with all Raspberry Pi computers.
The PCB size and mounting holes remain the same as for Camera Module 2. The Z dimension differs: due to the improved optics, Camera Module 3 is several millimeters taller than Camera Module 2. That means you cannot use our cute camera case!
Comes with a 200mm long flexible cable for connecting to a Raspberry Pi computer, if it's too short/long we have a range of Raspberry Pi Camera Cables in various lengths, you can use here.
To use with a Pi Zero, you will need an adapter cable, which we stock here!
- Back-illuminated, stacked CMOS 12-megapixel Sony IMX708 image sensor
- High signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
- Built-in 2D Dynamic Defect Pixel Correction (DPC)
- Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) for rapid autofocus
- QBC Re-mosaic function
- HDR mode (up to 3 megapixel output)
- CSI-2 serial data output
- 2-wire serial communication (supports I2C fast mode and fast mode plus)
- 2-wire serial control of focus mechanism
- Resolution: 11.9 megapixels
- Sensor size: 7.4mm sensor diagonal
- Pixel size: 1.4μm × 1.4μm
- Horizontal/vertical: 4608 × 2592 pixels
- Diagonal field of view: 75 degrees (Camera Module 3, Camera Module 3 NoIR), 120 degrees (Camera Module 3 Wide, Camera Module 3 NoIR Wide)
- Common video modes: 1080p50, 720p100, 480p120
- Output: RAW10
- IR cut filter: Integrated in standard variants; not present in NoIR variants
- Dimensions: 25 × 24 × 11.5mm (12.4mm height for Wide variants)
- Ribbon cable length: 200mm
- Cable connector: 15 × 1mm FPC
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.