2.5" SATA III to USB 3.0 Adapter Cable - 30cm long
Product Images and Video
This 2.5" SATA III to USB 3.0 Adapter Cable allows you to connect a standard 2.5" hard drive (HDD or SSD) to your computer. SATA III is like, a souped-up electronic energy drink, letting you backup files with a data rate up to 6Gbps.
It's perfect for adding mega-amounts of storage to your single board computer, like a Raspberry Pi or BeagleBone. Simply plug the drive in to the SATA data/power port on one side, then USB on the other. Go for USB 3 ports if you have them for the speediest transfers, but USB 2 ports will work just fine as well. USB ports tend to provide about 1A of current so this will work best with SSD drives or laptop drives that do not have huge current needs.
This cable is also featured in Pi SSD Media Server learn guide written by Pedro and Noé Ruiz. Check it out if you're interested in building your own media server using Raspberry Pi 4 and an external SSD. Stream live TV and movies with Plex using the Chromium web browser, or install any other network drive / streaming software to run on the all-in-one lunchbox sized Pi-based server.
Hard drive not included.
- Input: USB 3.0 A plug
- Output: SATA III with speed up to 6Gbps
- Compliant with SATA III/II standards
- Supports 2.5" SATA HDD/SSD
- Supports UASP transport protocol, accelerating SSD read and write speeds
- For Windows, Mac OS, Linux - any operating system with USB Mass Storage support
- Dimensions: (L) 30mm x (W) 43mm x (H) 13mm / Cable length: 30cm
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.