Pimoroni Pico LiPo Power SHIM for Raspberry Pi Pico and Pico W - PIM557
Product Images and Video
This SHIM from the Pimoroni Pirates provides a convenient way of powering your Raspberry Pi Pico from a LiPo/LiIon battery. You can recharge the battery easily by providing power to the Pico's USB port, then take your Pico or Pico W project on the go with the battery pack powering your circuitry.
Solder this neat little square to the pins on the back of your Pico, plug in a suitable lithium-ion/polymer battery and tada - a LiPo Pico! The inbuilt charging circuit means you can recharge the attached battery by supplying power to the Pico via USB, and it includes protection against overdischarge and overcurrent.
There's a power button to stop the SHIM from providing battery power when it's not needed and turn your project on and off, as well as two LED indicators - a white one that shows when the shim is providing power and a red one to tell you when the battery is being charged.
Safety note! You should only use this SHIM with LiPo or LiIon batteries, and you should make sure that any project involving LiPos is sufficiently protected from being dented, bent, punctured, or crushed.
- MCP73831 charger with 215mA charging current (datasheet)
- XB6096I2S battery protector (datasheet)
- Power button
- 2-pole JST PH connector, with polarity marked on the board
- Power and charging LED indicators
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi Pico.
- Soldering required.
- Dimensions: approx 21mm x 21mm x 7mm (L x W x H, including connectors)
Raspberry Pi Pico, battery, and other Pico add-ons are not included!
- For product support, replacement parts, and warranty for Pimoroni products visit the Pimoroni forum or contact Pimoroni directly.