Ultraleap 3Di Stereo Hand Tracking Camera
Product Images and Video
The Ultraleap 3Di Stereo Hand Tracking Camera is designed to be connected to an interactive screen. Together with Ultraleap’s world-leading software, it transforms displays into touchless, three-dimensional, immersive surfaces. Ultraleap 3Di allows easy integration of Ultraleap hand tracking in a form factor ruggedized for use in permanent settings – such as self-serve kiosks, digital out-of-home installations, interactive displays in retail, museums, and theme parks, or medical/industrial uses.
Ultraleap 3Di is part of Ultraleap’s TouchFree end-to-end solution – camera hardware, reliable hand tracking software, and developer tooling. The camera uses Ultraleap’s patented stereo infrared technology and world-leading Gemini hand tracking software. It is robust even in challenging lighting conditions, and reliably tracks a wide variety of hand sizes and shapes.
Ultraleap also provides a suite of developer tools for the development of touchless experiences:
- TouchFree Application: Detects a user’s hand in mid-air and converts it to an on-screen cursor. Retrofit existing touchscreen interfaces with touchless gesture control or evaluate using your desktop monitor.
- TouchFree Tooling for Web or Unity: Add touchless cursor control into kiosk applications in minutes, and have total control over how your application reacts to users’ hand movements.
The Ultraleap 3Di camera is part of the TouchFree end-to-end solution for quick and easy development of touchless experiences.
- Ultraleap 3Di Camera: Patented stereo infrared camera designed for connection to public interactive screens.
- TouchFree Application: Reliably track a wide variety of hand sizes and shapes and convert hand movements to an on-screen cursor.
- TouchFree Tooling: Integrate touchless as a native feature into Web or Unity applications in minutes.
- Mounting solutions: Available as CAD files by contacting [email protected].
- Minimum system requirements: Windows® 10, 64-bit, Intel® CoreTM i3 processor 5th Gen (must support AVX instructions), 2 GB RAM, USB 2.0 port. Note: Ultraleap 3Di is currently Windows compatible only.
- Power: 5VDC via USB connector / 500 mA max / 250 mA typical
- Data connection: USB 2.0 via USB type-b connector
- Tracking range and field of view: Depth of between 10 cm (4”) to 75 cm (29.5”) preferred, up to 1 m (39”) maximum; 170°×170° typical field of view (160°×160° minimum). Ultraleap 3Di can provide touchscreen emulation for screens up to 42” (portrait or landscape). Larger screens can also be controlled through interaction at a distance.
- Camera framerate: 90 fps
- Operating wavelength: 850 nm. Provides its own illumination via two IR LEDs spaced on either side of the cameras.
- Temperature rating: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
- Ingress protection: IP54 when mounted using Panel Mount Kit (available from Ultraleap)
- Certification: UKCA, CE, FCC
- Minimum system requirements: Windows® 10, 64-bit, Intel® Core™ i3 processor 5th Gen (must support AVX instructions), 2 GB RAM, USB 2.0 port. Note: Ultraleap 3Di is currently Windows compatible only.
- Software: Downloadable from https://www.developer.ultraleap.com/touchfree