Motorized Slide Potentiometer - 10KΩ Linear with 5V DC Motor
Product Images and Video
This linear slide potentiometer comes with an added kick - its not just a plain old slide pot! Underneath is mounted a slim geared DC motor that can gently move the wiper up and down, without human interaction. Often seen in very fancy A/V control panels, you could use these as linear feedback sensors for light robotics, or for interactive controls that can be controlled digitally as well as manually.
The potentiometer side and the motor side are electrically separate. The pot presents as a classic 3-pin resistor divider. The motor is a 2-pin 5V~10V DC motor that requires a full H-bridge motor driver to control both forwards and backwards. When there is no voltage on either of the motor pins, the slider is free to move manually.
There's also a 'touch 'pad that is electrically connected to the metallic slider, that you could connect to a capacitive touch sensor for detecting touch (this assumes that any slider knob you add on is metallic or conductive) We stock a capacitive-touch conductive slider knob here.
So, say if you want to move the slider to the middle, your code will have to read the potentiometer analog voltage while slowly powering the motor one way or the other until the analog reading reaches the desired spot, then 'release' the motor!
Comes as one motorized slide pot - H-Bridge controller is not included, any Arduino-like microcontroller will do the job nicely.
- A. Mechanical
- 1. Rotational Torque: 20~60gf.cm
- 2. Sliding Travel: 100mm±0.5mm;
- 3. Lever Stop Strength: ≥6Kgf.cm
- 4. Lever Wobble (mm p-p): 1.6mm Max
- B. Electrical
- 1. Total Resistance Range: 10KΩ±20%
- 2. Resistance Taper: 0B
- 3. Rating Power: 0.5W
- 4. Maximum Operating Voltage: 200V AC
- 5. Insulation Resistance: 100MΩ 1 Minute at DC 250V
- 6. Dielectric Voltage: 1 Minute at AC 250V
- 7. Motor Working Voltage: 6V~10V DC (note we used it at 5V no problem)
- 8. Touch Sense Track: Included
- C. Endurance
- Operating life: 30,000 cycles Min
Product Dimensions: 144.0mm x 28.6mm x 17.0mm / 5.7" x 1.1" x 0.7"
Product Weight: 51.4g / 1.8oz