Adafruit ESP32-S2 Feather with BME280 Sensor - STEMMA QT - 4MB Flash + 2 MB PSRAM
Product Images and Video
What's Feather-shaped and has an ESP32-S2 WiFi module? What has a STEMMA QT connector for I2C devices and a built in ambient sensor? What has your favorite Espressif WiFi microcontroller and lots of Flash and RAM memory for your next IoT project? What will make your next IoT project sensor project flyyyyy?
That's right - it's the new Adafruit ESP32-S2 Feather with BME280 temperature/humidity/pressure sensor built right in! With native USB and 4 MB flash + 2 MB of PSRAM, this board is perfect for use with CircuitPython or Arduino with low-cost WiFi. Native USB means it can act like a keyboard or a disk drive. WiFi means its awesome for IoT projects. And Feather means it works with the large community of Feather Wings for expandability.
The ESP32-S2 is a highly-integrated, low-power, 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi System-on-Chip (SoC) solution that now has built-in native USB as well as some other interesting new technologies like Time of Flight distance measurements. With its state-of-the-art power and RF performance, this SoC is an ideal choice for a wide variety of application scenarios relating to the Internet of Things (IoT), wearable electronics, and smart homes.
Please note the Feather ESP32-S2 has a single-core 240 MHz chip, so it won't be as fast as ESP32's with dual-core. Also, there is no Bluetooth support. However, we are super excited about the ESP32-S2's native USB which unlocks a lot of capabilities for advanced interfacing! This ESP32-S2 mini-module we are using on the Feather comes with 4 MB flash and 2 MB PSRAM so you can buffer massive JSON files for parsing!
- ESP32-S2 240MHz Tensilica processor - the next generation of ESP32, now with native USB so it can act like a keyboard/mouse, MIDI device, disk drive, etc!
- Mini module has FCC/CE certification and comes with 4 MByte of Flash and 2 MByte of PSRAM - you can have huge data buffers
- Power options - USB type C or Lipoly battery
- Built-in battery charging when powered over USB-C
- BME280 temperature / humidity / barometric pressures sensor connected over I2C on address 0x77 for immediate ambient weather sensing.
- LiPoly battery monitor - LC709203 chip actively monitors your battery for voltage and state of charge / percentage reporting over I2C
- Reset and DFU (BOOT0) buttons to get into the ROM bootloader (which is a USB serial port so you don't need a separate cable!)
- Serial debug output pin (optional, for checking the hardware serial debug console)
- STEMMA QT connector for I2C devices, with switchable power, so you can go into low power mode.
- On/Charge/User LEDs + status NeoPixel with pin-controlled power for low power usage
- Low Power friendly! In deep sleep mode we can get down to 80~100uA of current draw from the Lipoly connection. Quiescent current is from the power regulator, ESP32-S2 chip, and Lipoly monitor. NeoPixel and I2C are powered from a separate LDO regulator and can be disabled to get lowest quiescent current possible.
- Works with Arduino or CircuitPython
- As of March 16th, 2022, this board has revised the power circuitry for the NeoPixel and I2C QT port. Instead of a transistor we now have a totally new LDO regulator that can be enabled or disabled with a GPIO pin. Set GPIO 7 to be output and HIGH to turn on the NeoPixel and QT power.
Product Dimensions: 52.4mm x 22.9mm x 7.2mm / 2.1" x 0.9" x 0.3"
Product Weight: 6.3g / 0.2oz
Digi-Key ElectronicsUnited States
BOTLAND B. DERKACZ SP.J.Poland
BOTLAND B. DERKACZ SP.J.Czech Republic
The Pi HutUnited Kingdom
Mouser ElectronicsUnited States
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.