ESP32-S2 Human Machine Interface Dev Kit 1 - ESP32-S2-HMI-DevKit-1
Product Images and Video
Discontinued - you can grab ESP32-S2 Kaluga Dev Kit featuring ESP32-S2 WROVER instead!
Espressif's ESP32-S2 Human Machine Interface Dev Kit 1 (ESP32-S2-HMI-DevKit-1) has been specifically designed for human-machine interfaces in smart-home automation controllers, smart speakers with display, smart alarm clocks, etc.
ESP32-S2-HMI-DevKit-1 is powered by the ESP32-S2-WROVER module, which supports a 4.3" LCD screen. The development board can have an optional 1,950mAh rechargeable lithium battery installed. There's lots of peripheral interfaces such as an extra USB serial programming/UART port, SPI, TWAI, I2C, and an SD card. It supports various sensors and functions such as audio playback and recording. Additionally, this development kit supports rapid secondary development, allowing developers to take advantage of the kit’s various onboard resources and expansion interfaces.
Please note this is an advanced development kit, for use with the 'raw' Espressif ESP IDF. For example, there isn't CircuitPython or Arduino support for the display at this time. We're stocking this because we think its a great dev board if you want to implement support for this hardware or play with display interfaces and the ESP32-S2
- Wireless microcontoller module: ESP32-S2-WROVER module with ESP32-S2 Xtensa single-core 32-bit LX7 microprocessor, up to 240 MHz with 128 KB ROM, 320 KB SRAM, WiFi 4 connectivity, 4MB flash, 2MB PSRAM
- Storage: MicroSD card slot
- Display: 4.3" display with 800×480 resolution connected with 16-bit interface plus I2C capacitive touch panel overlay
- Display interface: 16-bit, 20 MHz, 8080 parallel communication
- Audio: Audio amplifier, built-in microphone, speaker connector
- USB: 1x USB-C OTG (DFU/CDC) port, 1x USB-C debug port
- Expansion: SPI header, TWAI (2-wire automotive interface)/CAN header, I2C header, UART/Prog header
- Sensors: 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyroscope, ambient light sensor, temperature and humidity sensors
- Miscellaneous: Programmable RGB LEDs, wakeup and reset buttons, IR transmitter
- Power Supply: 5V and 3.3V power headers
- Optional Rechargeable Battery: 1,950 mAh Li-ion battery cutout and connector
Please note, Espressif is not shipping this product with a battery installed. An off-the-shelf iPhone 5-compatible battery can be purchased and installed by the end user.
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.