AM2315C - Encased I2C Temperature/Humidity Sensor
Product Images and Video
The AM2315C is a nice, enclosed temperature and humidity sensor from the same folks that brought us the AM2315. In fact, this enclosed sensor looks an awful lot like the popular AM2315 temperature and humidity sensors, but inside is the AHT20.
You can power it with anything from 2.5V to 5.5V so it's good with 3V or 5V microcontrollers. You can take sensor readings as often as you like, and it uses standard I2C so it's super easy to use with any Arduino or Linux/Raspberry Pi board.Whew, that makes things a little easier, doesn't it?
While it is not rated as 'weatherproof', this sensor would do much better for sensing where there might be wind, rain, zombies, etc. than SHT PCB-breakout sensors, and the I2C interface makes it easier to interface with microcomputers that can't do the delicate timing of DHT sensors.
This sensor has a typical accuracy of ±2% relative humidity, and ±0.3 °C at 20-80% RH and 20-60 °C. There is only one I2C address so it's not a good option when you need multiple humidity sensors.
That said, for maker and IoT projects? You can't beat the simplicity and price! And we've got ready-to-go working Arduino and CircuitPython code to use it. Check out our detailed guide for library code, datasheet, and more
Each order comes with one AM2315C sensor with built-in pullups. You just provide any microcontroller that can run our Arduino or CircuitPython library.
- I2C address 0x38 (cannot be changed)
- 2.5V to 5.5V power and logic level
- Cable Length: 508mm / 20"
- Wiring order: Red: Power, Black: Ground, Yellow: SDA, White: SCL
- 4 wires, 50mm / 2" long
- Built-in 4.7K I2C pullup resistors.
- Usage Humidity: 0... 100%RH
- Usage Temperature: -40ºC – 80ºC
- Body size 98mm x 16mm diameter (4" x 0.9" )
- Typical accuracy of ±2% relative humidity, and ±0.3 °C at 20-80% RH and 20-60 °C
- Overall accuracy of ±3% relative humidity, and ±0.5 °C
Mouser ElectronicsUnited States
The Pi HutUnited Kingdom
Cool ComponentsUnited Kingdom
Digi-Key ElectronicsUnited States
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.