Adafruit MACROPAD RP2040 Bare Bones - 3x4 Keys + Encoder + OLED
Product Images and Video
Get ready to upgrade your desk's mission control station with a CircuitPython or Arduino powered Macropad - complete with 12 buttons, OLED display, speaker and rotary encoder. Customize it for your spacecraft to help guide you through the great reaches of the unknown. (Or just have it type out your favorite emojis.)
Each of the 12 sockets can accept a Cherry MX-compatible key switch. No soldering required, just snap it in! Use any key switch you like - but we recommend ones with slots that will allow the matching twelve NeoPixels underneath to shine through.
- Raspberry Pi RP2040 Chip + 8MB Flash memory - Dual core Cortex M0+ at ~130MHz with 264KB or RAM. Runs CircuitPython, Arduino or MicroPython with ease and lots of space for development code and files
- USB C Connector for Power/Data - of course this can act as an HID device but also can be MIDI, UART, etc.
- 3x4 Mechanical key switch sockets - accepts any Cherry MX-compatible switches. Individually tied to GPIO pins (not matrix wired)
- One NeoPixel RGB LED per switch, on north side
- Rotary encoder, 20 detents per rotation, with push-switch on GPIO pin. Push switch is also used for entering bootloader mode when held down on power-up or reset.
- 128x64 SH1106 Monochrome OLED display - On high speed hardware SPI port for quick updates
- 8mm Speaker/Buzzer - With Class D amplifier and RC filter, can be used to make simple beeps and sounds effects.
- STEMMA QT Connector - Allows adding any I2C sensors/displays/devices with plug-and-play cables.
- Reset button - On the side, for quick restarting of code
- Four M3 mounting bosses - Make custom enclosures easily
Product Dimensions: 104.0mm x 59.5mm x 29.0mm / 4.1" x 2.3" x 1.1"
Product Weight: 34.0g / 1.2oz