Nordic Thingy: 91 nRF91 Cellular Development Board - NRF6943
Product Images and Video
The Nordic Thingy:91 is an easy-to-use battery-operated prototyping platform for cellular IoT using LTE-M, NB-IoT, and GPS. It is ideal for creating Proof-of-Concept demos, and initial prototypes in your IoT development phase.
Thingy:91 is built around the nRF9160 SiP and is certified for a broad range of LTE bands globally, meaning the Nordic Thingy:91 can be used just about anywhere in the world. The cellular communication can be interleaved elegantly with GPS positioning acquisition making it perfect for sophisticated asset-tracking product ideas. The kit comes preloaded with a sophisticated asset tracking application.
The kit is packed with a multitude of sensors for motion, impact, air quality, and much more. The nRF Connect SDK supports Thingy:91 and there are examples for all sensors and connectivity functionality.
There is an nRF52840 multiprotocol SoC on the Thingy:91. This offers the option of adding Bluetooth Low Energy connectivity to your project ideas.
The Nordic Thingy:91 comes complete with a global use SIM card from iBasis that has a free 10 MB data plan to get you up and running immediately. The Thingy:91 and SIM can be provisioned and monitored using nRF Connect for Cloud which is Nordic Semiconductor’s cloud demonstration, evaluation, and test platform.
- Supports LTE-M, NB-IoT, and GPS
- Supports Bluetooth LE and NFC
- User-programmable button and RGB LEDs
- Environmental sensor for temperature, humidity, air quality, and air pressure
- Color and light sensor
- High-g and low-power accelerometers
- Rechargeable Li-Po battery with 1440 mAh capacity
- Bundled with an eSIM card from iBasis preloaded with 10MB
- To develop applications for the Thingy:91, use the nRF Connect SDK, which contains a variety of compatible libraries and samples. To get started, see the Working with Thingy:91 user guide.
- For more information on the Thingy:91 hardware development platform, see the Thingy:91 Hardware Description. If you have further questions, check out the Thingy:91 FAQ on DevZone.
Product Dimensions: 58.8mm x 58.5mm x 19.7mm / 2.3" x 2.3" x 0.8"
Product Weight: 61.0g / 2.2oz