Witty Pi 3 Mini - RTC & Power Management for Raspberry Pi
Product Images and Video
Witty Pi 3 Mini adds RTC (DS3231SN) and power management to your Raspberry Pi, and can define complex ON/OFF sequence with simple script.
It's a small electronic board that can add real-time clock and power management to your Raspberry Pi. Witty Pi 3 Mini is a new member of the third generation of Witty Pi, and it has bonnet/pHAT form factor.
After installing Witty Pi 3 Mini on your Raspberry Pi, you get some amazing new features:
- You can gracefully turn on/off Raspberry Pi with a single tap on the switch.
- After shutdown, Raspberry Pi and all its USB peripherals’ power are fully cut.
- Raspberry Pi knows the correct time, even without accessing the Internet.
- Raspberry Pi knows the temperature thanks to the sensor in the RTC chip.
- You can schedule the startup/shutdown of your Raspberry Pi.
- You can even write a script to define a complex ON/OFF sequence.
- Monitor external voltage and turn on/off your Raspberry Pi accordingly.
Witty Pi 3 Mini supports all Raspberry Pi models that have the 40-pin GPIO header, including A+, B+, 2B, Zero, Zero W, 3B, 3B+, 3A+, and 4 B+.
Raspberry Pi communicates with the RTC chip (DS3231) on Witty Pi 3 Mini via I2C protocol. The DS3231 chip has a fixed I2C address: 0x68. Also Witty Pi 3 Mini has a micro controller (ATtiny841), which also works as an I2C peripheral, and the micro controller’s I2C address is 0x69.
Witty Pi 3 Mini uses the same software as Witty Pi 3. You just need to run these two commands in your Raspberry Pi to install the software:
[email protected]:~ $ wget http://www.uugear.com/repo/WittyPi3/install.sh [email protected]:~ $ sudo sh install.sh