Adafruit Metro M7 with AirLift - Featuring NXP iMX RT1011
Product Images and Video
Get ready for our fastest Metro ever - the NXP iMX RT1011 microcontroller powers this board with a 500 MHz ARM Cortex M7 processor. There's 8 MB of execute-in-place QSPI for firmware + disk storage and 128KB of SRAM in-chip, plus a WiFi co-processor using an on-board ESP32 module.
The iMX series of chips is the fastest microcontrollers around, with a Cortex M7 processor that is more powerful than the M0 or M4, and clock speeds of 500MHz+. For pure performance, there's nothing better! This chip family is well known for being featured in the Teensy 4 dev board series. Now we have a Metro-shaped board so you can use many Arduino shields, that is fully open source so you can adapt the design to create your own custom layouts, and a USB drag-n-drop bootloader plus CircuitPython support for easy development. Beginners and experts alike will enjoy the combination of low cost, roomy memory and storage, and no-soldering quick start.
Please note that this board does not have Arduino or Platform.io support. You can program it with CircuitPython, a fast-to-start embedded version of the popular Python programming language, or with MCU Xpresso IDE for C/C++ advanced embedded development.
- NXP iMX RT1011 processor - ARM Cortex M7 processor running at 500 MHz, with 128KB SRAM and high speed USB!
- AirLift WiFi Co-processor, with TLS/SSL support, plenty of RAM for sockets, communication is over SPI and has CircuitPython library support ready to go for fast wireless integration.
- 8MB of QSPI XIP Flash
- ESP32 WiFi co-processor - programmed with 'nina-fw' firmware as a SPI-to-Wireless
- Power options - 6-12VDC barrel jack or USB type C
- UNO-shape so shields can plug in
- Reset button - Click to restart, double-click to enter UF2 bootloder
- Boot-mode switches to get into the ROM bootloader (you can always reload code over USB if TinyUF2 gets corrupted somehow)
- SWD connector for advanced debugging access.
- On/Off switch
- STEMMA QT connector for I2C devices
- On/User LEDs + status NeoPixel
- Works with CircuitPython!
- 53.2mm x 72mm / 2" x 2.8"
- Height (w/ barrel jack): 14.8mm / 0.6"
- Weight: 22.5g