Adafruit Matrix Portal Starter Kit - ADABOX 016 Essentials
Product Images and Video
If you missed out on AdaBox016, it's not too late for you to pick up the parts necessary to build many of the projects! It doesn't come with tissue paper or the nifty extras, but it does have all the electronic goodies you need.
This contains the essentials from AdaBox016 a.k.a The Adabox Halloween Pixel Show - check out all the learning guide project ideas here. And is perfect for constructing our MatrixPortal projects. There is no soldering required for any of them!
It's just a BLINK to the left, and then a SPARKLE to the r-i-i-i-ight... This Halloween we're going to glam it up and shine brighter than ever! In this ADABOX we'll give you 2000+ rainbow pixels to customize for the ultimate expressive display.
With a bit of a mind flip... make a mesmerizing digital sandbox or huge spooky eyes for your windowsill.
Space out on sensation... playing your favorite animated GIFs or the latest tweets.
Nothing can ever be the same... once you have a Matrix Portal and a 64x32 RGB Matrix display! This WiFi-connectable display is a little bit of Times Square brought into your home.
So come up to the MatrixPortal lab and see what's on the slab. I see you shiver with antici...
- Adafruit Matrix Portal - The star of the show! With a powerful SAMD51 processor, it can easily drive an RGB Matrix display while juggling other tasks. Add in an ESP32 WiFi co-processor, and you've got full connectivity. Plugs right into the back of any RGB Matrix and is powered over USB C.
- 64 x 32 RGB Matrix - Over 2000 colorful LEDs - the most LEDs of any ADABOX! Plug it into the Matrix Portal and use our Arduino or CircuitPython libraries to draw and animate.
- LED Diffusion Acrylic - This black acrylic adds some extra diffusion to your LED Matrix project. This material is made of special cast acrylic that makes it perfect for glowy projects.
- Adhesive Squares - This strong and transparent adhesive is perfect for mounting the LED acrylic to the front of your matrix.
- 5V 2.4A Power Supply + USB C adapter - Once you've programmed your matrix, you can power it with this supply for a stand-alone display. If your location doesn't use US plugs, use a low-cost plug adapter.
You may also want to pick up some other not-included items, they aren't essential but are very handy!
- Small bent-wire stand - for holding up your matrix projects
- Mini Magnet Feet - screw into the matrix to let you put it on a ferromagnetic surface.
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.