BBC micro:bit v2
Product Images and Video
Meet the new BBC micro:bit v2 - Upgraded with a powerful new processor that has tons more capability and also adds more sensing with a new speaker and microphone!
The latest micro:bit will fit right into your existing lessons and materials; all the existing MakeCode blocks and MicroPython code will work in the same way as they do on the original micro:bit. More features, including easy ways to take AI and ML into the classroom, will be released throughout 2021.
It's the same size and shape as the original micro:bit so you can use the same accessories you already own.
Some new features of the board:
- A more powerful Nordic nRF52833 processor, lots more RAM and Flash so MicroPython works a lot better!
- A MEMS microphone, can hear the world around it
- A speaker, provide audio feedback, play tones
- Capacitive touch sensor, the logo now acts as a button you can boop!
- Power saving mode, double click the reset button to enter low power mode.
- To get a query looked at by micro:bit support engineers: http://support.microbit.org/
- For technical info and to try and find the answer: http://tech.microbit.org/
- As of April 15, 2022 - we may be shipping either v2.0 or v2.2. These use the exact same firmware and look identical. The only difference is the interface chip has changed due to silicon chip shortages. Read here for more information on the difference. There are no changes to the user experience, features or behaviour of the micro:bit.