Icarus IoT Board V2 - nRF9160
Product Images and Video
The Icarus is a cost-effective cellular IoT board built around Nordic Semi's nRF9160 modem and combines LTE-M, NB-IoT, GPS, accelerometer, USB, LiPo charger, as well as an eSIM with free data out of the box and a nano SIM connector. Control, monitor, and keep track of any asset, fleet or cargo, quickly and easily with this pre-certified device!
You might be looking at this dev board and thinking "Hey wow you know it kinda looks like a Feather!" Well, you've won a fabulous prize because it is in fact Feather compatible! Yes, the brilliant engineers at Actinius checked out our Feather spec, and made something that is pin compatible so you can use our massive collection of FeatherWings to add more capabilities.
Please note: This Feather does not use Arduino or CircuitPython for development. Zephyr RTOS and nRF toolsets are used instead. For that reason, this Feather is for advanced engineers who are comfortable with learning and developing using Zephyr!
This product also does not come with antennas, a uFL LTE antenna is required to connect to the cellular network!
What Icarus is good at:
- GPS and Cellular data on the go. Equipped with the new nRF9160 modem from Nordic Semiconductor, the Icarus board integrates GPS and Cellular data (LTE-M / NB-IoT) all in one.
- 3 Months of Free LTE-M & NB-IoT Data. The Icarus includes an eSIM with 10MB of free data for 3 months, so you can start testing your prototype immediately (*only in supported countries). After your free trial ends you can choose to get a subscription on actinius.io or use your own nano SIM!
- Use the Icarus anywhere, anytime. Power comes in three: the Icarus board has input for a LiPo/Li-Ion battery (with charger!), USB, and Solar Panel input so that you can use the Icarus anywhere and anytime.
- Feather Form Factor Compatible. Install extra components to the extension pins, easily, of course. Don’t forget! Icarus is compatible with the Adafruit Feather ecosystem.
- Processing: ARM® Cortex M33 with 1 MB Flash and 256 kB RAM
- LTE Cat-M1, LTE CAT-NB1 (NB-IoT) with Global Coverage
- Low Power 3-axis Accelerometer
- General Purpose button
- RGB LED
- Reset button
- Battery Voltage measurement circuit
- PSM and eDRX support
- On-board eSIM & nano SIM
- ARM® Trustzone®, ARM® Cryptocell 310
- SSL / TLS & Secure FOTA support
- USB / I2C / UART / SPI / I2S with EasyDMA
- up to 18 GPIO
- up to 6 12-bit, 200ksps ADC with EasyDMA
- up to 4 PWM Units
- SWD on 6-pin TagConnect
- LiPo Charger with MPPT
- Under-voltage and Over-voltage protection
- Can be powered from multiple power sources
- Fully compatible with the Adafruit FeatherWing standard specs
- As of June 21, 2022 - Icarus IoT Board V2 now comes with SPI Flash, LiPo charger control, and a newer version of the nRF9160.