Black Lives Matter Education & Workshop Kit
Product Images and Video
The Black Lives Matter Education & Workshop Kit is an open-source design the Adafruit team published during the peaceful demonstrations for social justice in the summer of 2020 (https://github.com/adafruit/BLM-Badge-PCB). As a company and culture we came together to make our voices heard, share the pain we all had, the anger, and then work together for equality and justice in our communities (https://www.adafruit.com/blacklivesmatter). We listened to each other, we marched, we donated our time, resources, we distributed PPE at community events, we came together.
The kit is a snapshot in time, a time capsule of what we did together, and what we can build together going forward. The kit can be used for learn-to-code events remotely or in person when gatherings are safe post-COVID. We wanted to make something that would continue to emphasize the moment, is a movement.
The kits will never be for sale from Adafruit, they will be donated to learning-to-code organizations, social justice groups, and events.
This education and workshop kit features a Cortex M0+ processor that can run Arduino or CircuitPython.
- USB Type C connector - If you have only Micro B cables, this adapter will come in handy.
- ATSAMD21E18 32-bit Cortex M0+ - 48 MHz 32 bit processor with 256KB Flash and 32 KB RAM
- Native USB supported by every OS - can be used in Arduino or CircuitPython as USB serial console, MIDI, Keyboard/Mouse HID, even a little disk drive for storing Python scripts.
- Can be used with Arduino IDE or CircuitPython
- Power with 2 x AAA batteries, rechargeable or alkaline
- Six side-lighting RGB NeoPixel LEDs
- Four Capacitive Touch pads - they can also be used as digital/analog pins
- Light Sensor
- Sound Sensor (microphone)
- Red 'pin 13' LED
- On / Off switch
- Reset switch for starting your project code over or entering bootloader mode
- Lanyard hole