Adafruit Sensirion SHTC3 Temperature & Humidity Sensor - STEMMA QT / Qwiic
Product Images and Video
Sensirion Temperature/Humidity sensors are some of the finest & highest-accuracy devices you can get. And finally, we have some that have a true I2C interface for easy reading. The SHTC3 sensor has an excellent ±2% relative humidity and ±0.2 °C accuracy for most uses. Unlike some earlier SHT sensors, this sensor has a true I2C interface on address 0x70.
Unlike some earlier SHT sensors, this sensor has a true I2C interface for easy interfacing with only two wires (plus power and ground!). Thanks to the voltage regulator and level shifting circuitry we've included on the breakout It is also is 3V or 5V compliant, so you can power and communicate with it using any microcontroller or microcomputer.
Such a lovely chip - so we spun up a breakout board with the SHTC3 and some supporting circuitry such as pullup resistors and capacitors. To make things even easier, we've included SparkFun Qwiic compatible STEMMA QT connectors for the I2C bus so you don't even need to solder! QT Cable is not included, but we have a variety in the shop. If you prefer working on a breadboard, each order comes with one fully assembled and tested PCB breakout and a small piece of header. You'll need to solder the header onto the PCB but it's fairly easy and takes only a few minutes even for a beginner.
We've written both Arduino and CircuitPython/Python library code for this chip so you can use it with just about any microcontroller or single-board computer like Raspberry Pi.
- As of November 2022 – we've updated this PCB with Adafruit Pinguin to make a lovely and legible silkscreen - you may get the new PCB or the older version with vector fonts - both are identical other than the fancy silkscreen. Additionally, this sensor breakout may come with black or tan STEMMA QT connectors. They work the same!
Humidity and Temperature Sensor IC Technical Specifications:
- Ultra-low power consumption
- Humidity measurement range of 0 to 100 %RH
- Temperature measurement range of -40 °C to 125 °C
- Typical accuracy: ±2 %RH and ±0.2 °C
- Power-up and measurement within 1 ms
- NIST traceability
- I2C address 0x70
Mouser ElectronicsUnited States
Digi-Key ElectronicsUnited States
Little Bird ElectronicsAustralia
Cool ComponentsUnited Kingdom
Málna PC MagyarországHungary
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.