Serpente - Tiny CircuitPython Prototyping Board - USB C Plug
Product Images and Video
The Serpente boards from Arturo182 are low-cost development boards designed to be used with Adafruit’s CircuitPython. They're open source, come with a powerful ATSAMD21 Cortex M0+ processor and a beefy SPI flash for CircuitPython file storage!
- ATSAMD21E18A 32-bit Cortex-M0+ running at 48MHz, not the fastest thing around, but fast enough for prototyping and simple applications.
- 256KB flash and 32KB RAM
- 4MB Flash for storing files and CircuitPython code - All 4MB of the storage are available to you, you can store your CircuitPython files as well as logs, images and more! When connected to a PC, the flash storage shows up as a disk drive.
- 6 highly customizable GPIOs - All 6 GPIOs can be used as analog inputs, PWM outputs or regular digital IOs. You can also configure them to be SPI, I2C and/or UART.
- 250mA LDO - The LDO provides up to 250mA of current for you.
- 3.3V logic and power
- Reset Button - Allows you to reset the board quickly and if you double press it, the board boots into the bootloader.
- Powered either from USB or external source. The Type-C connectors support only USB 2.0 signals and are hardwired to be a Sink only.
- User-controlled RGB LED - Each color is user-controllable with a possibility to PWM the colors.
- Breadboardable - The spacing of the headers allows you to use the boards with a breadboard, both as GPIO and power!
- Mounting holes on the Serpente female Type-C board
- Castellated edges - You can easily use the Serpente boards as CircuitPython modules.
- Design Files
- Hackaday.io Project
This Serpente comes with a USB Type C plug, so you can pop it directly into your USB C port! We also stock the standard Serpente board which comes with a USB Type-C socket connector.
If you are familiar with the Digispark boards, you may notice some similarities. This is of course not incidental, the Serpente boards are inspired by the Digispark, both in form-factor as well as use-cases. The Serpente boards are meant to be used as quick and dirty, yet flexible, prototyping tools.
Comes with some standard 0.1" male header unassembled.
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.