AdaBox015 - COME TO YOUR SENSORS
Product Images and Video
Hey - do you feel like you don't have a clue? Do you wanna get a clue? In this AdaBox we will give you a clue... the Adafruit CLUE!
The CLUE is a sensor-packed development board with a small colorful screen and a lot of sensors. To make it compatible with existing projects, we made it the same shape and size as the BBC micro:bit and with the same edge-connector on the bottom with five big pads so it will fit into your existing robot kit or 'bit add-on.
A huge thank you to Digi-Key for going above-and-beyond to help support Adafruit over the last few months. Digi-Key's support made this box possible, and we are so excited to see what you will build!
Who is this for?
Anyone who is interested in learning how to program and build interactive projects, and with access to a modern web browser. That's pretty much the minimum.
You don't need to know a lot of physics or math, and just like an Art Degree isn't required for making art and being creative, you don't need to have a computer science or mechanical engineering degree. It helps if you're comfortable using computers but that's a skill most people pick up through life.
If you know how to program already - great! If not, don't worry, we'll teach you enough to be dangerous, yet effective!
Thanks to Digi-Key and Nordic Semiconductor for their support of AdaBox and the development of the Circuit Playground Bluefruit. We could not have created such an awesome box without their help!
Please note! This is NOT the subscription version of AdaBox! This version does not include free shipping. If you'd like to subscribe to AdaBox, please visit the AdaBox page!
If you're an international customer (outside of the UK, France, and Germany), this is currently the only way to get an AdaBox (for now - we're working on it!) and if you're a subscriber who missed out on boxes one and two, a great way to spend your time as you anxiously await AdaBox015.
- Adafruit CLUE - The star of the show! With a color display, tons of sensors, 'bit compatibility, and Arduino or CircuitPython support for a ton of awesome projects
- Adafruit Bonsai Buckaroo - A plant care helper for CLUE. Bolt it on with 5 screws to get a buzzer/beeper, 3V DC motor driver, and alligator clips for connecting a DIY soil sensor
- 3 x AAA battery pack and three AAA alkaline batteries - To power your CLUE anywhere you wish
- Two alligator clip cable leads + 2 stainless steel nails - To create a DIY soil moisture sensor
- Water pump (3V DC motor) + clear PVC tubing - To automatically water your plant from a reservoir
- Starter Planter Pot - This small plastic planter pot will get you started on your first planting - just add soil + a few seeds to get sprouting
- Fingerless glove (just one!) - You can attach the CLUE to the glove to create hand-motion projects
- Face Mask - We've been giving these KN95 masks out to New Yorkers, nurses, doctors, and anyone else who needs a face covering
- DOES NOT include free shipping!
Visit adafruit.com/adabox015 for a special unboxing.
Visit learn.adafruit.com/adabox015 for AdaBox tutorials.
Visit forums.adafruit.com/adabox to discuss your projects.