Pirate Audio: Speaker for Raspberry Pi - Built-in 1W Speaker
Pimoroni's Pirate Audio Speaker is perfect for making a Lilliputian radio, sound effect player, or even as a teeny-weeny games console. The built-in 1W speaker may not be the loudest, but it's great fun for lots of projects. The display and playback squishy buttons let you control your audio or sound effects. Use the Pirate Audio software to play local audio files (MP3, FLAC, etc) or stream from services like Spotify.
Pirate Audio is a range of all-in-one audio boards for Raspberry Pi, with high-quality digital audio, beautifully-crisp IPS displays for album art, tactile buttons for playback control, and Pimoroni's custom Pirate Audio software and installer to make setting it all up a breeze. No soldering required, just plug it right in to make fun audio projects come to life.
- MAX98357A DAC / amplifier chip (datasheet)
- Mono audio
- Mini speaker (1W / 8Ω, attached)
- Push-fit speaker terminals
- 1.3" IPS color LCD (240x240px) (ST7789 driver)
- Four tactile buttons
- Mini HAT-format board
- Compatible with all 40-pin header Raspberry Pi models
- Pirate Audio software
- Dimensions: 65 x 30.5 x 9.5mm