Sugru - multicolor pack
Product Images and Video
Sugru! Soft-touch silicone rubber that molds and sets permanently. Sticks to aluminum, steel, ceramics, glass, wood and some fabrics + plastics! sugru is the incredible new air-curing rubber for hackers, makers, gadget lovers & anyone else who wants to make things or make their stuff work better. Self-adhesive to most other materials, and flexible when cured, sugru is a versatile tool for hackers and makers - Repair and strengthen damaged cables and housing, mount components where you want them, strengthen attachments and protect against vibration, and a hundred other uses we're sure youʼll find for it. This is great for prototyping. Please read all of the following before purchasing...
Multi-colour 8 x 5g minipacks inside a lovely big pouch. You get two red, two yellow, two blue and one black and one white packets. You can smoosh the colors together to make new colors! Sugru does have a 'use by' date - we guarantee that you will have at least 6 months (and often its 9 or 12 months) to use your Sugru!
Top 10 uses of sugru for hackers and makers:
- Repair and strengthen damaged cables
- Mount components semi-permanently e.g. webcam / microphones / wires / switches
- Replace missing feet on speakers, laptops etc
- Mount components, and add feet to PCBs
- Repair casing / housing on computers and earphones
- Insulate wires
- Strengthen attachments, protect against vibration
- Enclose prototype electronics, make them waterproof
- Add feet under harddrives to allow air to circulate underneath
- Make awesome custom housing on USB flash drives
Properties, self adhesive sugru bonds to:
- Some fabrics
- Some plastics
- Form by hand - no tools needed
- Colors can be mixed
- Cures at room temperature to a tough flexible silicone overnight
- Waterproof and dishwasher proof when cured
- "Loves" a bit of heat or cold, sugru is resistant from -60 degrees C to 180 degrees C
- UV resistant
- Two 5 gram mini-packs of Blue Sugru
- Two 5 gram mini-packs of Yellow Sugru
- Two 5 gram mini-packs of Red Sugru
- One 5 gram mini-pack of Black Sugru
- One 5 gram mini-packs of White Sugru
sugru MSDS and TDS.
From the maker: IMPORTANT: Ensure surfaces are clean, dry and free of dust + grease. After use, wash hands thoroughly with warm soapy water and a rag. May leave a mark on surfaces or stain fabrics. Cures 3mm deep in 24 hours, deeper pieces may take longer. Use at 21 degree C if possible. Cold will slow down cure time. Do not use sugru to hang heavy objects. Keep out of the reach of children. If necessary, sugru can be removed by cutting off when cured. Do not sand. Recommendations and suggestions are for guidance only as conditions of use are beyond sugru's control. Store in a cool dry place below 21 degrees C. See individual sachets for best "before date".
sugru contains Methyltris (methylethylkeotxime) silane; Gamma-Aminoopropyl Triethoxysilane. May produce an allergic reaction. Persons known to be allergic to either of the above substances should avoid skin contact with uncured product. Sugru reccomends the use of gloves for those with sensitive skin. In case of contact with eyes, rinse with plenty of water and seek medical advice. If swallowed, seek medical advice and show the pack. For further advice use the contact form at FormFormForm limited @ www.sugru.com
Instructions & videos on the sugru site and PDF.
- How does sugru work?
sugru feels like modeling clay when you take it from its pack. Once the pack is opened, it starts to react with the moisture in the air to cure into a durable silicone rubber which is dishwasher proof and heat resistant to 180°C.
- How long does it take to cure?
At 21°C, you can work with sugru for 30 minutes before it starts to cure, then it will cure to 3-5mm depth in 24 hours. Deeper pieces may take longer.
- Can I speed it up?
You can speed up the cure by leaving sugru in a warm place. +/- 10° C will roughly halve or double the cure time.
- Does it stick to everything?
No! sugru bonds best to natural materials like glass, ceramics and metals. Surfaces must be dust and grease free to form a durable bond. It sticks brilliantly to some plastics - but some are are impossible to stick to!
- Is sugru safe on skin?
For most people sugru is safe but it is possible that sugru may cause an allergic reaction to some people with sensitive skin. Once cured, it is safe for everyone.
- Is sugru food-grade?
No, sugru is for general use, it’s not for use it in direct or prolonged contact with food.
- Is sugru biodegradable or compostable?
No. sugru is made to last. We believe it is good for the environment because it is durable and helps you keep your things for longer instead of throwing them away.
- What if I change my mind, can I remove it?
You can cut sugru off with a knife and then carefully remove the residue.
- Does it have a shelf life?
Yes, we guarantee a shelf-life of at least 6 months to end-users right now. We’re working hard in the labs on extending this, but in the meantime we recommend you only buy what you will use in this time.
- Where is sugru made
The Company behind sugru is called FormFormForm. They are a young team of product designers, scientists and other nice people - They make sugru in their very own factory in East London.
- Why haven’t I heard of this before?
sugru is still very new, it just launched in 2010 and is just now taking it’s first steps into retail.