Adafruit MSA301 Triple Axis Accelerometer - STEMMA QT / Qwiic
The MSA301 is a super small and low-cost triple-axis accelerometer. It's inexpensive, but has just about every 'extra' you'd want in an accelerometer:
- Three-axis sensing, 14-bit resolution
- ±2g/±4g/±8g/±16g selectable scaling
- I2C interface on fixed I2C address 0x26
- Interrupt output
- Multiple data rate options 1 Hz to 500 Hz
- As low as 2uA current draw in low power mode (just the chip itself, not including any supporting circuitry)
- Tap, Double-tap, orientation & freefall detection
To make life easier so you can focus on your important work, we've taken the MSA301 and put it onto a breakout PCB along with support circuitry to let you use this little wonder with 3.3V (Feather/Raspberry Pi) or 5V (Arduino/ Metro328) logic levels. Additionally, since it speaks I2C you can easily connect it up with two wires (plus power and ground!). We've even included SparkFun qwiic compatible STEMMA QT connectors for the I2C bus so you don't even need to solder! Just wire up to your favorite micro and you can use our CircuitPython/Python or Arduino drivers to easily interface with the MSA301 and get motion measurements ASAP. QT Cable is not included, but we have a variety in the shop.
It's fully assembled and tested. Comes with a bit of 0.1" standard header in case you want to use it with a breadboard or perfboard. Four 2.5mm (0.1") mounting holes for easy attachment.
Product Dimensions: 25.6mm x 17.7mm x 4.6mm / 1.0" x 0.7" x 0.2"
Product Weight: 1.2g / 0.0oz