nRF51822 Bluetooth Low Energy Module - MDBT40-256RV3
Product Images and Video
If you have a custom PCB design and you'd like to add a little Bluetooth Low Energy, this module is ultra-compact and easy to use. It contains a Nordic nRF51822 Cortex M0 chip that comes integrated with BLE radio as well as most of the supporting circuitry and even a chip antenna. The whole thing is in a tin and comes with FCC, CE, and TELEC certifications.
Please note! The module comes with a blank chip - this is for people who are comfortable programming the chips themselves with a J-Link programmer and the Nordic SDK. We don't provide any firmware to go along with it!
If you'd like to see a possible reference design for this module, check out the PCB files for our Bluefruit UART Friend
This is the same chip as the micro:bit, so there is MicroPython support as well as some basic Arduino support. Either way you go (SDK/MicroPython/Arduino) you'll still need to solder this onto a PCB and load code via an SWD programmer.
- 32-bit ARM® Cortex™ M0 CPU
- Supply: 1.8V – 3.6V
- Memory: 256kB Flash Memory
- RAM: 32kB
- Tx Power: +4 dBm @ 16mA
- Rx Sensitivity: -93 dBm @ 13mA
- Flexible and configurable 31 GPIO
- Interfaces: UART / I2C / SPI / PWM
- One 32 bit and two 16 bit timers with counter mode
- SPI controller / peripheral
- Two-wire controller (I2C compatible)
- UART (CTS/RTS)
- CPU independent Programmable Peripheral Interconnect (PPI) . Quadrature Decoder (QDEC)
- AES HW encryption
- Real Timer Counter (RTC)
- Operating Temp: -40°C to +105°C
- Raytac's product page
Product Dimensions: 18.0mm x 10.0mm x 2.9mm / 0.7" x 0.4" x 0.1"
Product Weight: 0.9g / 0.0oz
Digi-Key ElectronicsUnited States
Mouser ElectronicsUnited States
Pervasive Digital LLCUnited States
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.