Particle Xenon Kit - nRF52840 with BLE and Mesh
Product Images and Video
Discontinued - you can grab Particle Argon Kit - nRF52840 with BLE and WiFi instead!
Warning: Particle is deprecating a Xenon / Mesh support. With a little effort these boards can be converted/reprogrammed and make for great little CircuitPython or Arduino-compatible boards, and but they will no longer be supported by the Particle Cloud service.
Woohoo, it's time for a Particle Mesh party! And the Particle Xenon Kit is the most basic element (ha!) for your mesh network. The Xenon is a low-cost mesh-enabled development kit that can act as either a standalone endpoint or repeater for Particle Mesh networks . It is based on the Nordic nRF52840, the BLE Cortex M4 with a ton of Flash, RAM and peripherals, including native USB support.
Like all Particle Mesh boards, it even has built-in battery charging circuitry so it’s easy to connect a Li-Poly battery (not included but we stock lots here at the 'fruit) and deploy your local network in minutes. The Xenon is great for connecting sensors, motors, pumps, valves, and points of data-interest. Pair it with an Argon or Boron gateway to osmosis all that great data into the Device Cloud.
You might be looking at this dev board and thinking "Hey wow you know it kinda looks like a Feather!" Well you've won a fabulous prize because it is in fact Feather compatible! Yes, the brilliant engineers at Particle checked out our Feather spec, and made something that is pin compatible so you can use our massive collection of FeatherWings to add more capabilities. (Please note that there may not be Particle Mesh libraries for all the hardware we make, if you're not sure, check with them to see if there's a driver available for their IDE)
All Particle hardware is designed from the ground up to work with the Device Cloud; a powerful set of tools and infrastructure to build, connect, and manage your IoT fleet. The Device Cloud for Particle Mesh is priced by network. All Particle customers get 3 free months of Device Cloud access for micro networks using a cellular gateway. A micro network is defined as a network with 10 total devices and a single gateway. Please refer to their cloud pricing documentation for more information.
This product not only with a fully-assembled Xenon dev board, it even has some starting-out-parts so you can hit the ground running with all the hardware accessories you need.
- 1 x Particle Xenon development board
- 1 x Mini breadboard
- 1 x USB Cable
- 2 x 220 ohm resistors
- 1 x red LED
- 1 x photodiode light sensor
- Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 SoC
- ARM Cortex-M4F 32-bit processor @ 64MHz
- 1MB flash, 256KB RAM
- IEEE 802.15.4-2006: 250 Kbps
- Bluetooth 5: 2 Mbps, 1 Mbps, 500 Kbps, 125 Kbps
- Supports DSP instructions, HW accelerated Floating Point Unit (FPU) calculations
- ARM TrustZone CryptoCell-310 Cryptographic and security module
- Up to +8 dBm TX power (down to -20 dBm in 4 dB steps)
- NFC-A tag
- On-board additional 2MB SPI flash
- 20 mixed signal GPIO (6 x Analog, 8 x PWM), UART, I2C, SPI
- Micro USB 2.0 full speed (12 Mbps)
- Integrated Li-Po charging and battery connector
- JTAG (SWD) Connector
- RGB status LED
- Reset and Mode buttons
- On-board PCB antenna
- U.FL connector for external antenna
- Meets the Feather specification in dimensions and pinout
- FCC, CE and IC certified
- RoHS compliant (lead-free)
Peep this link for Particle product troubleshooting
Product Dimensions: 50.8mm x 22.8mm x 15.3mm / 2.0" x 0.9" x 0.6"
Product Weight: 7.3g / 0.3oz
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.