The Things Gateway - 915Mhz Version
Product Images and Video
The Things Gateway is open! Come forth all ye who wish for a community-led, open-source Internet of Things smart city network. This Internet gateway router is designed by The Things Network, so you know it will work perfectly with TTN. Make a free accounts, plug it in, follow the easy step-by-step installation instructions and you've got yourself a LoRaWAN to Internet gateway in under 5 minutes. No setup or usage fees!
A huge boon to the global IoT community, the Gateway can feasibly connect any kind of digital sensor to a homegrown app. Teams in several cities have begun work to launch their own local networks and platforms, ranging from temperature sensors for food storage or alerts when trash cans need emptying. The possibilities are endless, and now you can even join in and help add coverage in your neighborhood. (Of course, you can set it up for non-public usage but it's more fun when you share!)
This stingray lookin' base station is your LoRaWAN (Long Range Wide-area Network) router to connect your devices to the Internet of Things. Activate your gateway in just 5 minutes to create your own local network. This version operates at 915MHz for use in the US.
- Connects easily to your WiFi or Ethernet connection
- Wireless network coverage of up to 10 km (6 miles) with line-of-sight and good antennas
- SX1301 demodulator can scan 8 channels simultaneously
- Open-source hardware and software
- Devices can freely communicate over all connected gateways
- XBee slot for future connectivity protocols or home-grown add-ons
- Security through the TLS/SSL connection and embedded in the LoRaWAN protocol
- Can serve up thousands of nodes, depending on traffic duty cycle