Motion Control Screwdriver
Product Images and Video
Doctor Who has the famous sonic screwdriver, and we have the next coolest thing, a Motion Control Electric Screwdriver! Ergonomic, comfortable to hold, and constructed out of stainless steel, it's a seriously exquisite hand tool with a ton of smarts that will make it your new favorite tool.
Unlike most screwdrivers where you have to twist your wrist like a uncultured barbarian, this screwdriver has an IMU (inertial measurement unit) that can detect when you twist the tool left or right. Hold down the power button, and with the flick of your wrist, the screwdriver will automatically rotate in the direction you twisted! It's completely amazing, and we use ours every day now.
This smart screwdriver also comes with an OLED screen that displays battery life and rotation mode. Perfect for when you're installing dozens of stand-offs onto your Crickit projects, or for when you want to feel like a powerful Time Lady or Time Lord from Gallifrey.
- 1 x ES120 Motion Control Electric Screwdriver
- 14 x Bits - Flat & Philips
- 1 x Safety Instructions
- 1 x Luxurious Chamois Towel
If you need a wider selection of bits, the screwdriver is also compatible with our 38-Piece Screwdriver Set
If your screwdriver is 'flaky' and turning on/off unexpectedly, try uploading firmware 2020.07.22 v1.14 to your ES120 which will greatly improve performance. For other support questions, please contact [email protected].
Revision History: As of Tuesday, November 23rd 2020, a carrying case is not longer included with this product.
- Body Material: 304 Stainless steel/Copper alloy
- 16x96 OLED screen
- Battery: 300mAh 10440 Lithium-ion battery
- Rotor: Bidirectional overrunning clutch
- Gearbox: 1:144 Integrated planetary gearbox
- Motor: 25,000 rpm brush motor
- Chip: STM32
- Sensor: Angular velocity sensor
- Operation Voltage: 3-5V
- No-load Speed: ~170rpm
- Electronic Torque: 2.5kgf.cm
- Maximum Torque: 30kgf.cm (manual mode)
- Screwdriver Bit: 4mm hexagon
- Charging Time: 45 min
- Running Time: 30 min (full power)
- Charging Mode: microUSB 5V
You can download and update the screwdriver's firmware here
Product Dimensions: 131.0mm x 17.0mm x 17.0mm / 5.2" x 0.7" x 0.7"
Product Weight: 108.0g / 3.8oz