Pimoroni scroll:bit for micro:bit
Product Images and Video
The BBC micro:bit comes with 25 red LEDs on the front but...maybe you have a fever, and the only prescription is MORE LEDs!? If so, then you can add 119 individual blinkies to your micro:bit with Pimoroni's scroll:bit!
No extra components or headers needed, simply insert the micro:bit into the 2x40 right angle edge connector, and you're good to go! Then, MakeCode to your maker heart's content. Program graphs, animations, etc, with the code generation blocks. Or, if you're more leveled up and up for a challenge, you can experiment with MicroPython in the Mu code editor!
- Comes fully-assembled and ready to use
- 17x7 matrix of bright white pixels (119 total)
- Individual PWM brightness control of each pixel
- Uses the IS31FL3731 LED matrix driver chip
- Compatible with micro:bit
- Microsoft MakeCode and MicroPython support
- No soldering required! Yip yip!
To add the scroll:bit library in MakeCode, click on the cog at the top right hand corner, then "Add Package", then search for "scrollbit". You can find full instructions at the GitHub repository for the library.
The MicroPython library for scroll:bit is also available at GitHub, again with full instructions on how to get going with it.