Pimoroni LED SHIM for Raspberry Pi
Product Images and Video
Adding a 28 RGB LED pixel strip to your Pi without soldering?! Yes, it's possible! Pimoroni's LED SHIM for Raspberry Pi is fantastic for displaying sensor readings, status updates, measuring voltages, whatever you want to show with a colorful LED light bar.
Instead of waiting for your soldering iron to heat up, just slip the SHIM over your Pi pins with the fancy new, friction-fit header! The SHIM is nicely thin at just 0.8mm, so you can multi-task with other HATs and pHATs. Works with any and all Raspberry Pi computers with a 2x20 connector, from the Pi 1 B+ to the Pi 2, Pi 3 and even Pi Zero!
Of course, you can solder LED SHIM to a female header, if you so like. And, if you have a soldering iron handy, we recommend it since it will make the connection nice and sturdy.
If you've already played around with Blinkt!, coding the LED SHIM will be just as easy as lights, camera, action!
- 28 RGB LED pixels
- IS31FL3731 LED matrix driver chip controlled over I2C (just like our 16x9 Charlieplexed PWM LED Matrix Driver!)
- Solderless, friction-fit header
- Super-slim SHIM-format board
- 0.8mm thick PCB
- Can be used with HATs and pHATs
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3+, 3, 2, B+, A+, Zero, and Zero WH
- Comes with a full-featured Python library