2.8" TFT Touch Shield for Arduino - 2.8"
Product Images and Video
We've discontinued this version of the shield (which was expensive and difficult to make) and replaced it with a version 2: its got a better price, uses way fewer pins, is Mega/Leonardo compatible and has a great touchscreen controller built in. Wow! Check it out here.
Spice up your Arduino project with a beautiful large touchscreen display shield with built in microSD card connection. This TFT display is big (2.8" diagonal) bright (4 white-LED backlight) and colorful (18-bit 262,000 different shades)! 240x320 pixels with individual pixel control. It has way more resolution than a black and white 128x64 display. As a bonus, this display has a resistive touchscreen attached to it already, so you can detect finger presses anywhere on the screen.
The shield is fully assembled, tested and ready to go. No wiring, no soldering! Simply plug it in and load up our library - you'll have it running in under 10 minutes! Works best with any classic Arduino (UNO/Duemilanove/Diecimila). This shield does work with the Mega Arduinos but its going to be half the speed of the Uno-type boards because of the way the Mega rearranges all the pins (there is no way to get around this!) This shield is not Leonardo-compatible
This display shield has a controller built into it with RAM buffering, so that almost no work is done by the microcontroller. The shield does require a lot of pins: 12 lines total for the display, 13 total if you use the microSD card
Of course, we wouldn't just leave you with a datasheet and a "good luck!" - we've written a full open source graphics library that can draw pixels, lines, rectangles, circles and text. We also have a touch screen library that detects x, y and z (pressure) and example code to demonstrate all of it. The code is written for Arduino but can be easily ported to your favorite microcontroller!
If you are not using an Arduino-shaped microcontroller, check out our 2.8" TFT breakout board which can be easily wired up to any processor the breakout board version does not have microSD holder.
- 2.8" diagonal LCD TFT display
- 240x320 resolution, 18-bit (262,000) color
- ILI9325 (datasheet) or ILI9328 (datasheet) or HX8347 (datasheet) controller with built in video RAM buffer
- 8 bit digital interface, plus 4 control lines
- Uses digital pins 5-13 and analog 0-3. That means you can use digital pins 2, 3 and analog 4 and 5. Pin 12 is available if not using the microSD
- Works with any Arduino '328 or Mega (Leonardo not supported yet)
- 5V compatible! Use with 3.3V or 5V logic
- Onboard 3.3V @ 300mA LDO regulator
- 4 white LED backlight. On by default but you can connect the transistor to a digital pin for backlight control
- 4-wire resistive touchscreen
For files on github, download by clicking the Downloads button in the top right only!