The 3D Printing Handbook - by 3D Hubs
3D Hubs has published what may be the bible for 3D printing. The 3D Printing Handbook is intended for all skill levels, and it's an essential book for makers wanting to dip their toes in the ever-growing pool of 3D printing design and application.
The wealth of practical advice and guidelines come from first-hand experience from machine operators and industry experts. This tome is seriously chock-full of straightforward advice and mesmerizing full-page photographs.
If ever you need an incredibly maker-motivating pep talk, look no further than the great forward by Tony Fadell, creator of the iPod and founder of Nest.
"'The Handbook' will help to guide you on your own path as you look to leverage 3D printing and its potential to create your own breakthrough products that hopefully will change the world. Every designer and engineer should keep it close as it paves your way into new manufacturing technologies that will spur your creativity and unlock your ideas as they become reality. Creation is changing, manufacturing is changing, and design is changing, turn the page it's time to stay ahead..."
Table of Contents
Part One – 3D Printing Technologies & Materials
- Overview of 3D Printing
- Material Extrusion – FFF
- VAT Polymerization – SLA/DLP
- Powder Bed Fusion (Polymers) – SLS
- Material Jetting – Material Jetting, DOD
- Binder Jetting
- Powder Bed Fusion (Metals) – DMLS/SLM, EBM
- Decision making tools
Part Two – Designing for 3D Printing
- General design and considerations for 3D printing
- Description of 3D printed features
- Designing for FFF
- Designing for SLA/DLP
- Designing for SLS
- Designing for Material Jetting
- Designing for Binder Jetting
- Designing for DMLS/SLM
- Design rules summary table
Part Three – Applications of 3D Printing
- Tools for producing 3D designs
- Applications of FFF
- Applications of SLA/DLP
- Applications of SLS
- Applications of Material Jetting
- Applications of Binder Jetting
- Applications of DMLS/SLM
Product Dimensions: 243.0mm x 171.0mm x 20.0mm / 9.6" x 6.7" x 0.8"
Product Weight: 765.0g / 27.0oz