Proto-pasta - 2.85mm Diameter - Conductive Graphite Filament - 500g
Sorry! We had to get that out of our system. Proto-pasta's fun packaging makes us hungry for Italian food. If you're hankering for unusual and unique material filaments, we've got a new spool of noodles for you!
This Proto-pasta 2.85mm diameter 500 grams of filament in Conductive Graphite opens up a new world of 3D-printed fun but with electronics!
And, of course, even though it has the word "Pasta" in the name, it's not for eating.
This filament performs best extruded between 195°C and 225°C.
- Solid, weighted feel with 1.5x the density of standard PLA
- Attracts magnets (neodymium type recommended for strongest attraction)
- Induction at magnetic saturation about 0.15 Tesla
- Relative (to air) permeability - between 5 and 8 independent of frequency up to 1 MHz
- Permeability - between 62E-7 and 100E-7 H/m independent of frequency up to 1 MHz
- More thermally conductive
- Prints like PLA with less nozzle wear 'n tear
- Volume resistivity of molded resin (not 3D Printed): 15 ohm-cm
- Volume resistivity of 3D printed parts along layers (x/y): 30 ohm-cm
- Volume resistivity of 3D printed parts against layers (z): 115 ohm-cm
- Resistance of a 10cm length of 2.85mm filament: 600ohm
Bed Temp (if available, is not required): 50°C
Hot End Temp: 215 – 230°C (Proto-pasta runs it on the hotter side to encourage layer adhesion)
- Strength: Fair strength. More flexible than PLA, but less layer adhesion
- Stiffness: Low, semi-flexible
- Heat Resistance: Similar to PLA, use below 50ºC
- Layer Adhesion: Fair layer adhesion. Not as good as normal PLA
- Flexibility: Filament is quite flexible but will break if bent repeatedly (particularly 2.85mm). Printed parts are rigid if more than a mm or two thick. Thin sections are somewhat flexible but fail along layer lines if flexed more than a few times.
- Failure Mode: If flexed to breakage, failure will be along layer lines.
- Warping: Very low warping
- Dual-Head compatibility: Compatible with (sticks to) PLA in dual material prints
Proto-pasta Conductive PLA is a compound of Natureworks 4043D PLA, a dispersant and conductive carbon black. In filament form, it is very flexible, and is compatible with any PLA printing printer.