Magnetic contact switch (door sensor)
This sensor is essentially a reed switch, encased in an ABS plastic shell. Normally the reed is 'open' (no connection between the two wires). The other half is a magnet. When the magnet is less than 13mm (0.5") away, the reed switch closes. They're often used to detect when a door or drawer is open, which is why they have mounting tabs and screws. You can also pick up some double-sided foam tape from a hardware store to mount these, that works well without needing screws.
- Normally open reed switch
- ABS enclosure
- Rated current: 100 mA max
- Rated voltage: 200 VDC max
- Distance: 15mm max
- Box size (each side): 29mm x 14mm x 9mm / 1.1" x 0.6" x 0.4"
- Cable Length: 305mm ± 12mm / 12" ± 0.5"
- Weight (per side): 5.4g