Raspberry Pi Zero WH (Zero W with Headers)
If you didn't think that the Raspberry Pi Zero W could possibly get any better, then boy do we have a pleasant surprise for you! The new Raspberry Pi Zero WH offers all the benefits of the Pi Zero W, but with one big difference – a pre-soldered GPIO header!
This upgrade is the addition of a BCM43143 WiFi chip BUILT-IN to your Raspberry Pi Zero – just like the Pi 3! No more pesky WiFi adapters - this Pi is WiFi ready. There’s also Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on board making the Pi an excellent IoT solution (BLE support is still in the works, software-wise).
At first glance, the Pi Zero WH looks just like the Raspberry Pi Zero W we know and love. But when we started to think of the added convenience of not having to worry about soldering or hooking up a WiFi dongle or Ethernet cable - and what a well-chosen set of accessories we could add - we realized the appeal. And then we saw the price... could it be true? Yes!
This is the slimmest, most pared down Raspberry Pi to date. It's kind of like the little cousin to the Pi 3 - with just a micro SD card slot, a mini HDMI port, two micro USB ports (one for power, one for USB), and 512MB of RAM. It has a single-core 1 GHz processor chip, similar to the Pi A+ and B+.
The best part about all this is that the Pi Zero WH keeps the same shape, connectors, and mounting holes as the Pi Zero W and the v1.3.
Please note - even though there's built-in WiFi, the Pi Zero WH is quite minimal and requires a few accessories to turn it into a computer! At a minimum we recommend:
- A good quality 5V power supply - Either a 5V 2A with cable or combine a 5V 1A power supply and a Micro B USB cable - this will allow you to power the Zero from a wall adaper. It is not suggested to power the Zero from a computer USB port as the voltage often sags and can cause SD card corruption!
- 4GB+ SD Card with Operating System - You can grab a ready-to-go Raspbian card that has the correct firmware for the Zero here. Or you can pick up an 8G card with NOOBS 2.0. Or use a blank 4G SD card and burn in Raspbian Wheezy and update the firmware. Make sure you have the latest version!
- Mini HDMI to HDMI Adapter - Will let you convert the little port on the Zero WH to a standard sized HDMI jack. You can get 1080P HDMI video + audio out of this little computer!
- USB OTG Cable - Lets you plug in a normal USB device such as USB hub, keyboard, mouse, etc into the Zero.
- USB Console cable - if you're not going to stick an HDMI monitor on there, then this is essential. You connect the wires to the GPIO pins and log in over a serial console. It's the easiest & fastest way to get on your Pi.
We also strongly recommend some other parts and pieces to make your Pi Zero computing experience easier:
- Adafruit Pi Zero Enclosure - Adafruit's classic, sturdy plastic enclosure. Keeps your Pi Zero safe and sleek.
- Pi Zero Protector - Keep your Pi Zero safe while handling with this simple sandwich-style acrylic case.
- USB Powered Hub - So you can plug in any kind of USB devices without overloading the Zero's power supply. (You can also, ironically, power the Zero from the hub itself by plugging in a micro USB cable into the hub)
- Mini Wireless Keyboard w/Trackpad - Requires only one USB port, which makes it a great match for the Pi Zero
- Wireless Keyboard + Mouse set - Also requires only one USB port, but for everyday use.
- Pi Cobbler or T-Cobbler - When paired with the male or female 2x20 pin header, you can use your Zero with a breadboard to connect sensors, LEDs, motors and more!
- Ethernet Hub and USB Hub w/ Micro USB OTG Connector - One can never have enough socks, or USB ports. Add some more USB and Ethernet capability to your Raspberry Pi Zero if you're an Ethernet enthusiast!
Please note: Some boards are made in the UK, some in China. WE DO NOT KNOW IN ADVANCE WHICH ONES YOU MAY RECEIVE!
Product Dimensions: 65.0mm x 31.0mm x 11.6mm / 2.6" x 1.2" x 0.5"
Product Weight: 11.5g / 0.4oz