Programming with MicroPython - by Nicholas H. Tollervey
Product Images and Video
If you’ve already dipped your toes in the Python pool as a programmer, educator, or maker, you’re ready to learn more—and have fun along the way! This practical guide delivers the knowledge you need to roll up your sleeves and create exceptional embedded projects with this lean and efficient programming language. You'll be able to build faster, better, more intuitive projects with the power of Python behind you. No more managing buffers, memory-corruption, or icky parsing code.
- Work with MicroPython (and CircuitPython) on four devices: PyBoard, the micro:bit, Circuit Playground Express, and ESP8266/ESP32 boards
- Explore a framework that helps you generate, evaluate, and evolve embedded projects that solve real problems
- Dive into practical MicroPython examples: visual feedback, input and sensing, GPIO, networking, sound and music, and robotics
- Learn how idiomatic MicroPython helps you express a lot with the minimum of resources
- Take the next step by getting involved with the Python community
- What is MicroPython?
- BBC micro:bit
- Adafruit Circuit Playground Express
- ESP8266 / ESP32
- Thinking Embedded
- Visual Feedback
- Input and Sensing
- Sound and Music
- Idiomatic MicroPython
- Next Steps
Naomi Ceder, Chair of the Python Software Foundation, praises, "No one has been as deeply involved in, nor shown as much passion for, MicroPython on the micro:bit as Nicholas Tollervey. This book combines the expertise of a seasoned developer and the wisdom of an experienced teacher with a child's excitement and sheer joy of exploration."