The Book of Cosplay Lights - Getting Started with LEDs - by Svetlana Quindt @KamuiCosplay
Product Images and Video
Svetlana Quindt (best known as @KamuiCosplay) is an accomplished cosplayer and author from Germany who uses her powers for the greater good, endowing the cosplay community with LED knowledge! Her guides are chock full of infectious enthusiasm and adorable Corgis, making it very easy for anyone to shine.
She puts it best:
"Note that this book is written for cosplayers. Or better, it's written for myself five years ago when I was scared of electronics and LEDs. This is not a full blown book on electronics theory; we're just going to use the basics (and trust me, anyone can learn them -- I did, and you can, too!). I promise to explain everything you need to know to turn your costume into a radiant pillar of light - not more or less. If you want to learn electrical engineering, grab a book about that!I I just try to keep it simple, helpful, and inspiring! So here we go!"
You’ll get easy step-by-step guides with gorgeous photograph examples, tutorials, and explanations for the following:
- Introduction to LEDs
- Understanding Electricity
- Calculating Resistors
- Serial and Parallel Connections
- Calculating Battery Lifespan
- Required Tools and Materials
- Molding and Casting Resin Gemstones with LEDs
- Building Glowing Acrylic Spheres
- Lighting up Plexiglas
- no need to calculate anything – just pick a pre-arranged circuit and start soldering!
As well as the following work examples:
- Dani Moonstar (Marvel)
- Druid T9 (World of Warcraft)
- Protoss Wizard (Blizzard Crossover)
Product Dimensions: 298.0mm x 210.0mm x 4.3mm / 11.7" x 8.3" x 0.2"