Getting Started with the micro:bit - by Wolfram Donat
"Take a byte of the micro:bit!"
This book is for everyone! It's for kids (and parents) who want to learn how to program their own simple games and gadgets using the BBC micro:bit. It's also for serious hardware hobbyists who want an inexpensive microcontroller with a built-in LED display. Or for Internet of Things nerds who want an inexpensive, remote programmable Bluetooth node.
After whizzing through this very approachable book, you'll learn:
- How to connect your micro:bit to another device like a smart phone -- or even another micro:bit
- How advanced hardware makes the micro:bit work
- How to write text using LEDs and read from the onboard accelerometer
- How to connect the micro:bit to a motor controller and make a mini-bot!
- Introduction to the micro:bit
- A Tour of the micro:bit
- Programming Using MicroPython
- Some Basic Projects
- The mbed Operating System
- Interfacing with the GPIO Pins
- Using Bluetooth
- Serial Bluetooth Communications and the micro:bit
- The Story of the micro:bit
- Other Programming Environments
You will have so much fun understanding micro:bit's software and diving into coding and programming!
MAY WE ALSO SUGGEST...
MAY WE ALSO SUGGEST...-
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.