Microsoft Hackster.io Virtual IoT Pack – w/ Raspberry Pi 3
In collaboration with Microsoft and Hackster.io, Adafruit's releasing a Virtual IoT pack with boards, sensors, and quite a number of components! This kit is specifically curated for IoT Virtual Bootcamp hosted by Microsoft and Hackster.io in partnership with Adafruit.
This kit includes a pre-soldered Adafruit Feather HUZZAH with ESP8266 WiFi and some sensors and components to get you started on your IoT journey.
Feather is a development board from Adafruit that, like its namesake, is thin, light and lets you fly. We designed Feather to be a new standard for portable microcontroller cores.
This kit contains the Adafruit Feather HUZZAH ESP8266 - our take on an 'all-in-one' ESP8266 WiFi development board with built in USB and battery charging. It's an ESP8266 WiFi module with all the extras you need, ready to rock!
At the Feather HUZZAH's heart is an ESP8266 WiFi microcontroller clocked at 80 MHz and at 3.3V logic. This microcontroller contains a Tensilica chip core as well as a full WiFi stack. You can program the microcontroller using the Arduino IDE for an easy-to-run Internet of Things core. We wired up a USB-Serial chip that an upload code at a blistering 921600 baud for fast development time. It also has auto-reset so no noodling with pins and reset button pressings.
In addition to all the Feather goodness, this kit also includes everything you'd find in our Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Starter Pack, adding a further dimension to your IoT ecosystem.
The kit includes:
- 1x Assembled Adafruit Feather HUZZAH ESP8266 WiFi
- 1x Micro Servo
- 1x PIR (motion) Sensor
- 1x USB Cable - A/Micro B
- 1x Fast Vibration Switch
- 1x Magnetic Contact Switch (door sensor)
- 2x DHT22 Temperature-humidity Sensor + Extras
- 1x Full-sized Breadboard
- 1x Premium Male/Male Jumper Wires - 40 x 6"
- 1x Raspberry Pi 3 - Model B - ARMv8 with 1G RAM
- 1x Adafruit Raspberry Pi B+ / Pi 2 / Pi 3 Case - Smoke Base
- 1x Assembled Pi Cobbler Plus - Breakout Cable
- 1x USB to TTL Serial Cable - Debug / Console Cable for Raspberry Pi
- 1x Premium Male/Male Jumper Wires - 20 x 6" (150mm)
- 1x 8GB MicroSD Card with NOOBS 2.0
- 1x 5V 2.4A Switching Power Supply with 20AWG MicroUSB Cable
- 1x Raspberry Pi - Skill badge, iron-on patch
- 1x Premium Female/Female Jumper Wires - 20 x 3" (75mm)
- 1x Premium Female/Male 'Extension' Jumper Wires - 20 x 3"
- 1x Premium Male/Male Jumper Wires - 20 x 3" (75mm)
- 1x SD/MicroSD Memory Card (8 GB SDHC)
- 1x USB MicroSD Card Reader/Writer - microSD / microSDHC / microSDXC
- 1x Slim HDMI Cable - 450mm / 1.5 feet long
- 1x HDMI 7" 800x480 Display Backpack - With Touchscreen
Component bags containing:
- 6x 12mm Tactile Switches
- 1x Breadboard Trim Potentiometer 10K
- 2x Diffused 10mm Green LED
- 2x Diffused 10mm Red LED
- 1x Diffused 10mm Blue LED
- 1x Diffused RGB (tri-color) LED
- 10x 10K 5% 1/4W Resistor
- 10x 560 Ohm 5% 1/4W Resistor
- 1x Electrolytic Capacitor - 1.0uF
- 1x Piezo Buzzer
- 2x Photo Cell Light Sensor
- 1x Breadboard-friendly SPDT Slide Switch
This kit includes a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B! For a version of this kit without a Pi 3, click here.