DotStar Micro LEDs (APA102–2020)- Smart SMD RGB LED - 100 pack
Product Images and Video
These incredibly small surface-mount LEDs are an easy way to add a lot of very tiny (but bright!) colorful dots to your project. They're mini versions of our digital DotStar strips and matrices with full chainable 2-wire control. They are just mind-bogglingly small. They are a mere 2mm x 2mm (way smaller than APA102-5050-RGB), which makes them pretty darn bitty, so they might be a little cumbersome to hand solder. SMT techniques with solder paste and hot air will work best here.
There are three LEDs inside, red, green, and blue. The RGB LEDs are controlled by a tiny chip that takes a 24-bit color level via the clock and data in and then does all the PWM control for you. So you just 'set' the color data once. Like DotStars (and the similar NeoPixels) you can chain them together, the output of one leading into the input of another for near-infinitely long strips.
Comes in a strip of 100 pieces. Also available in a 10 pack!
Please note this is a surface-mount part! It is possible to solder thin wires to the pads, but it's designed for use on a SMD PCB. If you are not comfortable with hand soldering SMD parts, check out our other RGB LEDs such as the thru-hole ones or in pixels/strips.
- Red color: 620-625 nm
- Green color: 520-525 nm
- Blue color: 465-470 nm
- Red brightness @ ~20mA: 300-330 mcd
- Blue brightness @ ~20mA: 420-460 mcd
- Green brightness @ ~20mA: 160-180 mcd
- As of April 20, 2018 we have updated to use a new version of the APA102-2020 LEDs with a different brightness curve - you may notice the LEDs are dimmer (but consistently so). Please update any firmware you have written to have brightness increased!
- As of Nov 24, 2019 we have reverted back to the original LED chips - you may notice the LEDs are brighter (but consistently so). Please update any firmware you have written to have brightness adjusted
Product Dimensions: 2.0mm x 2.0mm x 0.9mm / 0.1" x 0.1" x 0.0"