Pimoroni Scroll Bot - Pi Zero WH Project Kit
Product Images and Video
A robot friend to sit on your desk and scroll the news, weather, or your Twitter feed - it's the Pimoroni Scroll Bot! Now updated to not require any soldering at all, its an easy kit to put together.
The Scroll Bot Kit combines the Pi Zero WH with the new Scroll HAT Mini board, and masquerades as a friendly orange robot, perfect for sitting on your desk or on a shelf. It's ideal for scrolling messages or for simple animations and, of course, it takes advantage of the built-in wireless LAN on the Pi Zero W. It'll take around 30 minutes to assemble everything (check out Pimoroni's assembly guide for details). All you need to add is your own micro-SD card and a USB power supply.
- Pi Zero WH (New! No soldering required!)
- Scroll pHAT Mini
- Male and female 2x20 pin headers
- Orange robot stand and diffuser
- 50cm USB A to micro-B cable
- USB A (female) to micro B (male) adaptor
- Mini to full-size HDMI adaptor
- Sticker sheet (personalize your Scroll Bot!)
- Comes in a reusable kit box
Scroll Bot uses the new Scroll pHAT HD board, a dense matrix of 17x7 (119 total) bright white LEDs. Each pixel's brightness can be controlled individually, meaning that it's possible to create stunning animations or even anti-aliased text. The LED matrix sits behind Scroll Bot's mouth, and the frosted orange acrylic diffuses the LEDs beautifully.
Use the built-in wireless LAN to make your Scroll Bot internet-connected and have him/her/it inform you of the latest news, weather, track hashtags or mentions on Twitter, or much, much more.
- 17x7 matrix of bright white pixels (119 total)
- Individual PWM brightness control of each pixel
- Uses the IS31FL3731 LED matrix driver chip
- 3-layer orange robot stand and diffuser
- Pi Zero W with single core CPU and built-in wireless LAN and Bluetooth
- USB and HDMI adapter kit
- 50cm USB A to micro-B cable (power your Pi from an existing charger or computer)
- Python library
- Female and male headers require soldering
Assembled size of Scroll Bot is 125x85x67mm (WxHxD).
- Pimoroni's handy one-line installer will install the Scroll pHAT HD Python library for you. They've included a bunch of examples too, to show off what you can do with Scroll pHAT HD.
- For product support, replacement parts and warranty for Pimoroni products visit the Pimoroni forum or contact Pimoroni directly.
- As of October 8th 2021, the Pimoroni Scroll Bot now comes with the Pi WH, Scroll HAT mini and it is now solderless.