Pimoroni Touch pHAT for Raspberry Pi Zero
The Pimoroni Touch pHAT has six capacitive touch buttons, each with a bright white LED, so you can add a touch interface to your Raspberry Pi. While it is shaped and sized to match a Pi Zero, it works great with any Pi with 2x20 connector. You can even use a dry erase pen to write on the pads to label their function.
The pHAT features a CAP1166 capacitive touch and LED driver chip that is read over I2C. Each pad has a matching LED that can be controlled independently. The LEDs have been under-mounted and shine through exposed sections of the PCB to give a pleasing yellow-green glow and a completely smooth top surface!
Use Touch pHAT as a controller for your robot, a controller for your Mote lights, a tiny drum machine, or use it to build a simple game where you have to taps the buttons to repeat the sequence of lights that just flashed.
- Six capacitive touch buttons
- Six bright white under-mounted LEDs
- Microchip CAP1166 capacitive touch and LED driver chip
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3, 2, B+, A+, Zero, and Zero W (any 2x20 connector Pi)
- Comes with an easy-to-use Python library
- Female header requires soldering
Kit includes: Touch pHAT PCB & 2x20 0.1" female GPIO header. Some light soldering is required to attach the header on, or you can of course solder the pHAT right onto the Pi Zero.
Raspberry Pi not included!
- Dimensions (assembled): 65mm x 30mm x 10mm / 2.56" x 1.18" x 0.4"
- Weight (assembled): 10.4g
Pimoroni's handy one-line installer will install the Touch pHAT Python library for you. They've included a couple of examples too, to show off what you can do with Touch pHAT.