Pimoroni Picade X HAT for Raspberry Pi
Simply pop it onto your Pi, plug your Pi power supply into the micro-USB connector on the Picade HAT (it back-powers your Pi through the GPIO, so no need for a separate power supply), wire up your controls to the terminal blocks, and install their driver! It's ideal for your own custom arcade builds or interfaces that need big colorful buttons.
- I2S audio DAC with 3W amplifier (mono) for great quality sound
- Safe power on/off system
- Micro-USB connector for power (back-powers your Pi)
- 4-way digital joystick inputs
- 6 x game button inputs
- 4 x utility button inputs
- 1 x soft power switch input
- 1x power LED output
- Breakout pins for other GPIO features
The I2S DAC blends both channels of digital audio from the Raspberry Pi into a single mono output. This is then passed through a 3W amplifier to power any connected speaker.
The board also features a soft power switch that allows you turn your Pi on and off safely without risk of SD card corruption. Simply tap the connected button to start up, and press and hold it for 3 seconds to fully shutdown and disconnect power.
Raspberry Pi not included.
- You can find the software/drivers on Pimoroni's Picade HAT GitHub page.
- We recommend you use a set of brass M2.5 standoffs with Picade HAT to avoid pins contacting the HDMI port if the HAT is pushed down.
- As of October 17, 2018 we are selling the updated version of the Picade Hat, which now has no-fuss female 0.1" socket connectors to hook up your joystick and buttons.
Product Dimensions: 65.0mm x 57.0mm x 16.0mm / 2.6" x 2.2" x 0.6"
Product Weight: 24.4g / 0.9oz