Pimoroni Picade X HAT USB-C for Raspberry Pi - PIM462
Simply pop it onto your Pi, plug your Pi power supply into the USB-C connector on the Picade HAT (it back-powers your Pi through the GPIO, so no need for a separate power supply), wire up your controls to the terminal blocks, and install their driver! It's ideal for your own custom arcade builds or interfaces that need big colorful buttons.
- I2S audio DAC with 3W amplifier (mono) and push-fit terminals
- Safe power on/off system with tactile power button and LED
- USB-C connector for power (back-powers your Pi)
- 4-way digital joystick inputs
- 6 x player button inputs
- 4 x utility button inputs
- 1 x soft power switch input
- 1 x power LED output
- Plasma button connector
- Breakout pins for power, I2C, and 2 additional buttons
- Picade X HAT pinout
- Compatible with all 40-pin Raspberry Pi models
The I2S DAC blends both channels of digital audio from the Raspberry Pi into a single mono output. This is then passed through a 3W amplifier to power any connected speaker.
The board also features a soft power switch that allows you turn your Pi on and off safely without risk of SD card corruption. Simply tap the connected button to start up, and press and hold for 3 seconds to fully shutdown and disconnect power.
Raspberry Pi not included.
Note: Picade X HAT is compatible with all 40-pin Pi versions, including Pi 4.
- You can find the software/drivers on Pimoroni's Picade HAT GitHub page.
- We recommend you use a set of brass M2.5 standoffs with Picade HAT to avoid pins contacting the HDMI port if the HAT is pushed down.
- As of October 7, 2019 we are selling the updated USB-C version of the Picade X HAT
Product Dimensions: 65.0mm x 57.0mm x 16.0mm / 2.6" x 2.2" x 0.6"
Product Weight: 24.4g / 0.9oz