2.8" 18-bit color TFT LCD with touchscreen breakout board - ILI9325
Product Images and Video
Add some jazz & pizazz to your project with a color touchscreen LCD. This TFT display is big (2.8" diagonal) bright (4 white-LED backlight) and colorful (18-bit 262,000 different shades)! 240x320 pixels with individual pixel control, this has way more resolution than a black and white 128x64 display. As a bonus, this display has a resistive touchscreen attached to it already, so you can detect finger presses anywhere on the screen.
This display has a controller built into it with RAM buffering, so that almost no work is done by the microcontroller. You'll need 8 digital data lines and 4 or 5 digital control lines to read and write to the display (12 lines total). 4 pins are required for the touch screen (2 digital, 2 analog) but because of the way resistive touch screens work, we can share pins with the LCD so the entire setup can be run by 12 pins (10 digital, 2 analog).
Of course, we wouldn't just leave you with a datasheet and a "good luck!" - we've written a full open source graphics library that can draw pixels, lines, rectangles, circles, text and full color bitmaps from an SD card . We also have a touch screen library that detects x, y and z (pressure) and example code to demonstrate all of it. Be sure to see our detailed tutorial at the product page where we discuss how to use the LCD, and go through the example Arduino library and example code. The library and example code is written for Arduino but can be easily ported to your favorite microcontroller!
If you are using an Arduino-shaped microcontroller, we suggest using our TFT shield version which is more compact and includes a microSD card holder! this breakout board version does not have microSD holder.
- 2.8" diagonal LCD TFT display
- 240x320 resolution, 18-bit (262,000) color
- ILI9325 (datasheet) or ILI9328 (datasheet) controller with built in video RAM buffer
- 8 bit digital interface, plus 4 or 5 control lines
- 5V compatible! Use with 3.3V or 5V logic such as an Arduino
- Onboard 3.3V @ 150mA LDO regulator
- 4 white LED backlight, transistor connected so you can PWM dim the backlight
- 1x20 header for easy breadboarding, or 2x10 header for cable connection
- 4 x 0.125"/3mm mounting holes with tabs
- 4-wire resistive touchscreen
PCB with tabs is 82mm x 64mm (2.5" x 3.2")
4 mounting holes are 3.2mm diameter (0.13") on a 2.25" x 2.95" grid (57.5mm x 75mm)