Red Bear IoT pHAT for Raspberry Pi - WiFi + BTLE
Product Images and Video
So you've got your Pi 3 with its built-in wireless LAN and Bluetooth, but what about your Pi Zero? Say hello to the IoT pHAT from Red Bear! This Zero-size board provides WiFi (802.11bgn / 2.4GHz) and Bluetooth (v4.1 / BTLE) connectivity direct from the GPIO header. You don’t need to use a dongle plugged into the Pi Zero’s solitary data micro-USB port via a USB OTG adapter. Just snap it on top of a Raspberry Pi Zero (or really, any Raspberry Pi with a 2x20 connector)!
The IoT pHAT provides a neat and convenient way to add WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity to your Pi Zero, while freeing up the USB data port. Using the same wireless radio chip as the Pi 3 results in reliable signal strength and quality via an on-board or optional external antenna.
As with other pHATs, it works with all of the 40-pin Raspberry Pi variants - 2/B+/A+/Zero - but using it with the Pi Zero makes for a super-tiny package.
- AMPAK AP6212A Wireless Module (Broadcom BCM43438 A1 chip inside)
- WiFi (802.11bgn / 2.4GHz)
- Bluetooth (4.1) and BLE support
- Single antenna for concurrent WiFi and Bluetooth operations
- Onboard PCB antenna
- External antenna connector
- Antenna switch for extenal antenna
- 32 Kbit (4 KByte) EEPROM for DTOverlay configuration
- 40-pin connector
- WiFi: SDIO v2.0 - up to 20 MHz clock rate
- Bluetooth: UART (up to 4 Mbps)
- FCC/CE certified
- Pre-soldered with 40-pin female header, no assembly required!
Head on over to Red Bear's GitHub for even more specifications, diagrams, and information on setting up your IoT pHAT!
Pi Zero not included!
For technical inquiries, please visit Red Bear's support forum.
If you think you have a faulty unit, kindly open a support ticket and Red Bear staffs will follow up with you.
Product Dimensions: 65.0mm x 30.0mm x 11.0mm / 2.6" x 1.2" x 0.4"
Product Weight: 10.5g / 0.4oz
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.